Hunter's pink?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Obviously not!

Personally, I don't have an issue with this if you live in a state that DIDN'T just raise your taxes and DOESN'T have a bazillion dollar spending habit it can't pay for.

Slalom.45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    This is obviously not the point of the article, but I don't get how any red is thought to be good for safety warnings. The most common type of color blindness is Red/Green. I am very aware of this as I have it. There are degrees, and yes if you point at something red I will likely say it's red, but I can't see a blood trail from a deer unless it looks like it's been poured out of a bucket. I mean red and green for stop lights???(Red is on top or on the left BTW if you have to figure it out other than by color)

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    This is obviously not the point of the article, but I don't get how any red is thought to be good for safety warnings. The most common type of color blindness is Red/Green. I am very aware of this as I have it. There are degrees, and yes if you point at something red I will likely say it's red, but I can't see a blood trail from a deer unless it looks like it's been poured out of a bucket. I mean red and green for stop lights???(Red is on top or on the left BTW if you have to figure it out other than by color)

But, it's pink!

mike84z28

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Kenner
    No man should wear Pink ! It's for girls, any man that wears it has a wife or Gf that bought it and told them it was manly. They lied to you! If you are a man and bought it just turn in your man card !

velociraptor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Greater New Orleans Area
    Women hunt too so they can wear pink. Geez guys pink has been stolen by the LGBT crowd along with the term gay and the rainbow flag. A real man is not concerned about the color of his clothing, only that it is appropriate for the situation.

Hunters should be able to wear any high viz color that is approved as PPE.

Personally I think yellow is much more visible than pink or orange. BTW if the only safety gear was pink I would have no problem wearing it to stay safe.

As for why they are doing this I would prefer a debate on colors than a debate on raising more taxes.

BobKaro

Yellow Boxes? Sweet!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Youngsville, LA
    I remember a study back in the 90s that found florescent pink to be more visible across a wider variety of conditions. Personally, if it's as visible as hunger orange, let people use it if they want.

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    No man should wear Pink ! It's for girls, any man that wears it has a wife or Gf that bought it and told them it was manly. They lied to you! If you are a man and bought it just turn in your man card !

Um, no. Pink is a color. Yeah, it's labeled at being a girl and blue is for boys, but who gives a crap.

It's a color. Real men wear pink.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Cognac.cal
    Top Bottom