Hurricane gun preparedness

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    i thought we was talking about playing around, staying home and protecting our dwelling... didnt know we jumped into red dawn so fast!!!!
    Keep in mind we all don’t live in the same location. We have folks here under mandatory evacuation. If I have to leave my home without knowing if or when I can return I’m bringing all that I can. I learned my lesson during Katrina and won’t let that happen again. Hopefully everyone just stays safe and it blows over quickly.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I had 24" of water in my house and rapidly rising in 2016 when I got out and lost quite a bit including cases of ammunition and jewelry.
    When I awoke I had to leave immediately on the last boat in the neighborhood with no time to move anything.
    Before I returned a thief broke into my house and stole valuables that were not covered under my insurance policy.

I hope all goes well for you during this one.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    "Shall not apply to any person who is not prohibited"

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but it seems that if you can legally carry then you are allowed to carry "in the act of evacuating".
    You read it correctly. That’s why I posted it for folks who don’t hold a ccw but are legal gun owners.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Staying put in New Orleans. The Mossberg 500SP will be waiting with buckshot. My Glock 20 will be ready as usual with 200gr Silvertips. My Wife will have her HK VP9 ready with Federal Ranger 147gr. Our 5 dogs will be vocal, so we should not have any problems. The NOPD came by last week to ask me about the hit and run that I photographed and they backed off to the sidewalk after the dogs gave them an earful.

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I live in Gonzales but my mother lives on the West bank and is very nervous, so I'm going to spend the weekend at her house. I'm bringing a shoebox with important documents, every firearm I own ( x2 Custom 80% AR15's, Glock 20L, Glock 17, Winchester 1300, Ruger 10/22, Stevens Model 55 and all the ammo (about 20k rnds mixed caliber). My documents, weapons and my truck are all I own that's of any value and I'm not willing to replace. If the house got broken into, they can take whatever. I'm good.

Last edited:

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I live in Gonzales but my mother lives on the West bank and is very nervous, so I'm going to spend the weekend at her house. I'm bringing a shoebox with important documents, every firearm I own ( x2 Custom 80% AR15's, Glock 20L, Glock 17, Winchester 1300, Ruger 10/22, Stevens Model 55 and all the ammo (about 20k rnds mixed caliber). My documents, weapons and my truck are all I own that's of any value and I'm not willing to replace. If the house got broken into, they can take whatever. I'm good.
    I also live on the westbank. I would be staying but we have twin three year old boys so I feel it’s safer to get them out of harms way. I’d never be able to forgive myself if I put them in harms way knowing we had time to head out. Stay safe.

flyboy

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 18, 2021
    Crowley, Louisiana
    What all did everyone do to prepare for the coming storm? Today we went and got extra groceries, supplies, bottled water, over the counter meds, and fuel for our generaters.

Fugum

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Metairie
    The same guns I usually have at the ready. My edc is usually a 1911 in 9mm and there always seems to be a 9mm PCC somewhere close in the house. My plan for the uninvited is the same as any other day.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

870marinemagnum

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2018
    Slidell, LA
    Love these threads every year….yesssssss
    Arsenal 106cr w/primary arms red dot and left thumb surefire.

Glock 22 w/ trijicon night sights and streamlight tlr.

And my namesake 870 Marine Magnum. (First gun i bought OTC when i turned 18) w/ surefire forend, six round side saddle and XS tritium big dot.

Chi-Com surplus chest carrier with extra Lake City, Critical Defense and green hull gi 00

Last edited:

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Love these threads every year….yesssssss
    Arsenal 106cr w/primary arms red dot and left thumb surefire.

Glock 22 w/ trijicon night sights and streamlight tlr.

And my namesake 870 Marine Magnum. (First gun i bought OTC when i turned 18) w/ surefire forend, six round side saddle and XS tritium big dot.

Chi-Com surplus chest carrier with extra Lake City, Critical Defense and green hull gi 00

nice!!!!

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Shotguns for hurricanes.

My prep has filled my day.

Even took the wind turbines off the roof and put plywood over the base mounts.

Carried my Mustang the entire time IWB.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    What all did everyone do to prepare for the coming storm? Today we went and got extra groceries, supplies, bottled water, over the counter meds, and fuel for our generaters.

I moved my trailer out of the carport and into the backyard next to the house. Made room for my jeep and wife's car in the carport. Oh and cut the grass.

Markmmg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2010
    I conceal carry a Taurus 709 Slim so that stays with me when I am out and about. I also keep my bullpup in my vehicle.

enhance

Last edited:
    Top Bottom