Hypothetical Gun Ban

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dwhaley929

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Dec 14, 2016
    Baton Rouge LA
    What if all guns were banned in the US, and every law abiding gun owner surrendered all of their guns? No holdouts. No secret stashes. Every one. Every gun. I think everyone here would agree that there would be an almost instantaneous rise in gun violence. Most other crimes would also skyrocket. There's nothing to keep the criminals from doing whatever they want to do. The police can't really do anything to stop it. They're outnumbered by gangs and criminals in every city. So, my question. How long would it be before gun violence/crime rates returned to an acceptable level? Would it ever return to an acceptable level? Would politicians just make the current level acceptable?

I'm saying 100 years minimum.

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    Murder has been illegal for a long time, yet it happens per minute. Hard drugs have been illegal for just as long, yet there is a never ending supply. Guns would never go away, only the criminal use on the unarmed.

It would take truly draconian measures, like a mandatory 50 year, non parole, sentence for any crime involving a gun, to effect it.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    if all guns were banned criminally .... there will just be a lot more instant criminals.... thats all

they cant handle criminals with guns now, if you make billions criminals what makes you think they can handle them, they are already releasing and emptying the jails cause theres not enough room

pandabear

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    May 1, 2014
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    Recently one political leader may have some success is the President of the Philippines. He was giving Death Sentence to drug dealers, and those abuse illegal durgs were getting Life sentence. It have such an impact on society that drug abuse was down over 80%. At least until politics got involved. Bottom line is, bad guys in this country are not afraid of the consequence. Until that happens, we're just wasting time talking.

drill sgt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2019
    denham springs ,la
    What happens when ALL gun ownership is Illegal and All guns be they legal or illegal removed (turned in or confiscated??? ....... A lot of these new knee jerk reaction gun laws are a back door attempt to disarm the American public.... Which means control without the American public to defend its self against being forced into being controlled by a tyrantical authourative regime...... When a government allows it people to defend themselves then those people are known as citizens.. But when a government does not allow these people to protect themselves then those people will be known as subjects...... Long live the 2nd Ammendment.....

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Recently one political leader may have some success is the President of the Philippines. He was giving Death Sentence to drug dealers, and those abuse illegal durgs were getting Life sentence. It have such an impact on society that drug abuse was down over 80%. At least until politics got involved. Bottom line is, bad guys in this country are not afraid of the consequence. Until that happens, we're just wasting time talking.
    That would work if I government didn’t decriminalize illegal drug usage and legalize drugs and release a majority of the nonviolent drug offenders out of prison… I say we are on a direct course for the opposite of what he stands for

Abby Normal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    “I'm saying 100 years minimum.”
    I think the dems have taken that challenge about 50yrs ago. And Biden’s puppet masters won’t stop now.

john17427

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Oct 23, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I imagine banning weapons might be as interesting as defunding the police. Imagine no guns, spears, swords, knives, etc. We would probably see human ingenuity and martial skill at it's finest since feudal times, except the weapons would be something like a master lock on a leather belt or the ability to throw screwdrivers.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    While it may be impossible to speculate….the idea of totally disarming law abiding citizens is without a doubt the lefts agenda. Part of this scenario does have merit considering the things happening in this day and age with “common sense Gun control”. No guns…they control us.

MikeR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Carencro
    Anyone know the percentage of New Zealanders that complied with their drastic new gun laws?
    The last I saw, it was hovering around 1%, but that's an old number. I haven't seen any stats listed as being from the past few months.

Core

Salt
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Maine
    What if all guns were banned in the US, and every law abiding gun owner surrendered all of their guns? No holdouts. No secret stashes. Every one. Every gun. I think everyone here would agree that there would be an almost instantaneous rise in gun violence. Most other crimes would also skyrocket. There's nothing to keep the criminals from doing whatever they want to do. The police can't really do anything to stop it. They're outnumbered by gangs and criminals in every city. So, my question. How long would it be before gun violence/crime rates returned to an acceptable level? Would it ever return to an acceptable level? Would politicians just make the current level acceptable?

I'm saying 100 years minimum.
    History shows us crime peaks 75-100 years after weapons are banned. So banning guns would result in a period of 100 years of organized crime and violence. That level of violence would never be acceptable in the US: our current level of violence is minimal and mostly gang related. The US has excellent rates of violence thanks to private gun ownership. Like I said time and time again: to disarm America you would need to militarize the police and turn the bay into a police and surveillance state. And most citizens would be oppressed victims. No thank you.

Top Bottom