I-55 Pile-Up Near Manchac

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Abby Normal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    Death toll is up to 8 now.
    I know that a huge numbers of people drive in the rain & fog without their headlights on. Can’t see them with no lights.
    I try (try) to use the 2 second rule in good weather & add more distance when bad but not always. I’ve been driving on the interstate & hit super thick fog out of nowhere & it’s a huge WTF moment.

Fugum

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Metairie
    I saw dashcam video from a semi involved in the I-55 pileup and it was scary as hell. Not so much for him, but the young lady in a Mustang that had a pickup truck run up over her car.

swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA
    I was driving from Tula to the airport that morning. Was extremely foggy and you couldn't see more than about 50'. Traffic slowed a couple of miles from Manchac. Couldn't see **** and the air smelled accrid. Traffic stalled and I figured that I would exit at Manchac. By the time I got there, PD had closed 55 and was routing everyone to old 51.

About half mile past the bridge you started seeing lots of cop cars on the side of the road. I finally made out the fire on the elevated highway. Flames were 50-100 feet high. You could just tell immediately that lives were lost.

It took almost an hour to get to Laplace on the old highway where we could finally get on I-10 and continue to the airport.

Very sad to learn that eight souls passed.

Top Bottom