I agree with Bush?? WTF!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    WTF is right! This proves that I am not one of those liberals that just agrees with whatever the demos put out (and I'm a libertarian, BTW). Bush proposes letting the states determine if they want new offshore drilling. I agree. I believe that if the states can get a cut of the money (by revenue and leases) and that the new drilling meets all the current needs for environmental protection, then the respective states should be able to approve drilling. The issue I have is ANWR. I'm still pretty against it, but then I can't be hypocrytical and saying that I'm against Alaskans voting on it but we here in LA can. I don't believe there should be anymore drilling/running pipe/canals in the marshes and that we use the LOOP for almost all of it, though.

Toby

bah
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2007
    CocoDrie Ferry
    With China and Cuba drilling just off the coast of Florida (Intl waters), shouldn't we at least be competing with them? So near our shores?

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    Here in Louisiana we may care about the wetlands/marshes; but why should people in Seattle care if the Gulf of Mexico starts in Alexandria if they can get gas for $2?

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    WTF? You can't go on flip flopping like that on this forum. That totally not allowed here, the mods should ban your ass. :D

It sounds like McCain is your guy. . he is still strongly opposed to ANWR drilling, but from what the news articles say he wouldn't be opposed to drilling offshore. ;) Of course I know there's more to your decision than that, though. . .

And I still don't understand why there are still all of those hundreds of canals cut into the wetlands. Why can't we fill the damn things in or block them up? You can't have soil over a pipeline? We shouldn't have to keep repeating the same mistakes, and in this day and age I don't see why we can't fix what was done, at least a little bit.

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    Not flip-flopping, this is how educated people look at things. I would still prefer the oil companies to first look into drilling in the 28 million acres of untouched leases they have first, though. However, I think the states should have more control than the federal government. McCain still isn't my man, though.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    WTF is right! This proves that I am not one of those liberals that just agrees with whatever the demos put out (and I'm a libertarian, BTW). Bush proposes letting the states determine if they want new offshore drilling. I agree. I believe that if the states can get a cut of the money (by revenue and leases) and that the new drilling meets all the current needs for environmental protection, then the respective states should be able to approve drilling. The issue I have is ANWR. I'm still pretty against it, but then I can't be hypocrytical and saying that I'm against Alaskans voting on it but we here in LA can. I don't believe there should be anymore drilling/running pipe/canals in the marshes and that we use the LOOP for almost all of it, though.

OMG did Penguin run out of Kool-Aid? :D
    triviagm.jpg

Just kidding. I know you are a sensible guy.

Top Bottom