I Almost Hated Doing This

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gandog56

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2013
    Mobile, AL.
    But I like CT laser grips so much. I went from this:

155a4cba-dd6a-437a-b95f-a027f3f62949_zps264059e6.jpg

To this.

SANY0145_zps6be5c190.jpg

I mean I loved that wood. But laser grips make it so I can do this!

dwgroup.jpg

And besides that, the all black look isn't half bad just by itself. Gonna keep them wood grips though. Who knows if/when I get another 1911!

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    IMO, laser grips are good to figure out trigger control, but honestly, you should be able to make small groups by shooting. I'd also worry about them failing. Plus, the money spend on the grips could be used for more shooting practice.

Oh, they look ugly too. I'll pass.

Nice 1911 though.

gandog56

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2013
    Mobile, AL.
    Number 1: My tired old eyes do better focusing on a bright dot than try to focus on both the near sights and the far target. So I shoot better with a laser.
    Number 2: If they fail I still have that nice fully adjustable set of fiber optic pipe sights on the pistol, I sight both the sights and the laser so I can use either. It's just easier with the laser. (As the pic in my first post shows.)

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Number 1: My tired old eyes do better focusing on a bright dot than try to focus on both the near sights and the far target. So I shoot better with a laser.
    Number 2: If they fail I still have that nice fully adjustable set of fiber optic pipe sights on the pistol, I sight both the sights and the laser so I can use either. It's just easier with the laser. (As the pic in my first post shows.)

You may be the cause of your problem.

oppsImissed

Rating - 94.6%
    35   2   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    somewhere south of I12
    I had a laser sight on my Kimber. It showed me how bad my grip and aim was. It let me see how much I was allowing the pistol to jump around with each shot. it was a good tool to learn pistol control and techhnique.

rocketsteve

Florida Cracker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    Nowhere
    Sorry man, but I just love the look of rosewood (or any real wood) grips on a gun. The only time I would go synthetic is if it was a duty or hunting handgun, but that's a personal preference...

Top Bottom