I don't get it ....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Baldrik78

Misanthrope Savant
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I agree, if it was Christian prayer there would have probably been protest.

I know everytime I see one of those crazy christians out praying, the first thing I do is go protest.

Muslims though? Well, they just don't know any better. Kind of like a puppy that pisses on the floor. You swat it on the head to teach it that it shouldn't do that, but it doesn't learn. You christians though, you should know better, being all civilized and what not. You've been to obedience school. You know all the good tricks like roll-over, sit, play dead and fetch, but you still **** on the floor from time to time. Sometimes all the time! Just ****, ****, ****, ****! All over! And then what do we have? A house full of ****! But not in the good golden shower kind of way. No, no, more like the rape of Franken-dog kind of way. Which is never a good thing. Unless, of course, you liked your hotdogs with the cheese already on the inside, which if you ask me is just not natural.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say here is, don't forget to spay and neuter your pets.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I really don't understand your question. Do you think the city council meetings should never open with a prayer? Or do you just object to an Iman leading the prayer?

Islam is certainly not my favorite religion, but I think this act supports the separation of church and state, by the fact that the "state" in this case is encouraging diversity, thus avoiding the "establishment" of a state religion.
    I was being sarcastic ( imagine that ) . Christian prayer is taboo in many places . I wondered why Muslim prayer was suddenly acceptable .

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I agree, I don't agree with Islam no more than you. I was born, raised, and will die die Christian. I don't like our leaders listening to Muslim prayer services no more than I would like devil worshipers holding service outside a public school. Constitutionally, bowyer, both groups have a legal right to worship whom they wish. I don't want my rights taken away, altered, or infringed, so I won't do the same to anyone else.
    The bottom line is the separation of church and state. If the council meeting starts at 7pm and a religious group wishes to pray before it starts, get together and meet at a quarter till. But I don't believe any group should be mandated or including in the official proceedings.
    With schools, it is different. I agree to a moment of silence in the morning so kids and faculty can pray to whomever they so wish. I also don't think anyone should stop students of any faith from congregating on campus, allowing that it doesn't interfere with class time. Because in this situation, the schools are not forcing students of any faith to listen to an ideology apart from their own.
    I just don't believe that any branch or facility of government should include religious rites in their proceedings.

Sounds fair enough .

Louisiana68

Conservative
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    N/A
    The phrase "separation of church and state" is not in the Constitution. The First Amendment to the Constitution states "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..." This prevents the government from establishing a national church. However, it does not prohibit God from being acknowledged in schools and government buildings.

Symbols of Christian heritage should not be removed from public and government spaces (eg., the Ten Commandments should continue to be displayed in Federal buildings).

Government should not interfere with religion and religious freedom.

jms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 25, 2009
    Franklinton,La.
    The phrase "separation of church and state" is not in the Constitution. The First Amendment to the Constitution states "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..." This prevents the government from establishing a national church. However, it does not prohibit God from being acknowledged in schools and government buildings

I believe if you do an in depth study on this subject, you will find it was intended to direct The Church of England or the Kings Church , inflicking it's indocternation on America.

kirkdbergeron

Zombie Killah! LOL
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Morgan City, LA
    I know everytime I see one of those crazy christians out praying, the first thing I do is go protest.

Muslims though? Well, they just don't know any better. Kind of like a puppy that pisses on the floor. You swat it on the head to teach it that it shouldn't do that, but it doesn't learn. You christians though, you should know better, being all civilized and what not. You've been to obedience school. You know all the good tricks like roll-over, sit, play dead and fetch, but you still **** on the floor from time to time. Sometimes all the time! Just ****, ****, ****, ****! All over! And then what do we have? A house full of ****! But not in the good golden shower kind of way. No, no, more like the rape of Franken-dog kind of way. Which is never a good thing. Unless, of course, you liked your hotdogs with the cheese already on the inside, which if you ask me is just not natural.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say here is, don't forget to spay and neuter your pets.

:mamoru::rofl::mamoru::rofl::mamoru:
    I love this guy hahahah!

Louisiana68

Conservative
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    N/A
    I believe if you do an in depth study on this subject, you will find it was intended to direct The Church of England or the Kings Church , inflicking it's indocternation on America.

It's in there, and I'm interpreting it how I see it.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    And we don't. We just hang out waiting for the suspicious folk to get their silliness over so they can get down to taking care of government business. Personally I don't care if you clasp your hands together and bow you head, get down on the ground and bow to the east or smear yourself with apple jelly and have the Mayor Pro Tem lick it off, just get on with it. I'll be there reading a copy of Army Times until it's over.

LOL...I'm makin it a personal prayer, to no ONE you know, that if you are wrong ...I can be there to watch when you find out

Because as most folks here agree....stupid should hurt

Just my .02 worth

IANAP..........
    Didn't even sleep at HD X last nite

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods

LOL...I'm makin it a personal prayer, to no ONE you know, that if you are wrong ...I can be there to watch when you find out

Because as most folks here agree....stupid should hurt

Just my .02 worth

IANAP..........
    Didn't even sleep at HD X last nite

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Common mistake atheist don't believe in any god we don't just pick on christian religion like some of yall like to make it sound.

And I'm okay with you doing that, because it's none of my business. But it's not "us making it sound that way"- what I said is based on actual events.

When atheist activists start going after the Muslims the same way they battle the Christians in the courts, then I won't say such things. Of course we all know they would probably end up with a fatwa against them if they did, sooooo......:rolleyes:

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Don't want to hinder these people at all from practicing what ever they want to do. But this is a Christian country (at least it was founded that way) and not hindu, moslem, budist or pegan. It's just distasteful to hear of our leaders listening to prayers to a false god.
    Christians and Muslims pray to the VERY SAME God, my friend. The main differences btwn Christianity and Islam appear to be cultural and dogmatism to me.

Louisiana68

Conservative
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    N/A
    Christians and Muslims pray to the VERY SAME God, my friend. The main differences btwn Christianity and Islam appear to be cultural and dogmatism to me.

Completely false.

I have a close friend who practices Islam (is not an extremist, nice guy) and we've discussed this issue before. We both have completely different depictions of our God and what he does/stands for.

RCRAMIE

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Lake Charles
    And I'm okay with you doing that, because it's none of my business. But it's not "us making it sound that way"- what I said is based on actual events.

When atheist activists start going after the Muslims the same way they battle the Christians in the courts, then I won't say such things. Of course we all know they would probably end up with a fatwa against them if they did, sooooo......:rolleyes:

The reason it seems like atheist activists push against christian religion is because it is more common in America. When muslims start interfering with atheist activists life you will most likely start seeing more protest.

Im not a protester type im more your nice closet at the house atheist.
    I don't want my government pushing any religion be it

# Christianity
    # Islam:
    # Hinduism:
    # Chinese traditional religion
    # Buddhism
    # primal-indigenous
    # African Traditional & Diasporic
    # Sikhism
    # Juche
    # Spiritism
    # Judaism
    # Baha'i
    # Jainism
    # Shinto
    # Cao Dai
    # Zoroastrianism
    # Tenrikyo
    # Neo-Paganism
    # Unitarian-Universalism
    # Rastafarianism
    # Scientology

Yours just happens to be the most common.

Top Bottom