I finally have a reason to post here!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • D0NNY

That guy
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Houma, La
    Spent more than I should have, but my parents offered to pay for half the cost as a graduation present. I'm stoked! Going to put a 100 rounds through her tomorrow and can't wait. A friend is going to bring his G22 which should make for quite a fun morning.

I must say, I now feel better prepared for the Zombie apocalypse :hahano:

2n03km0.jpg

:boink:

D0NNY

That guy
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Houma, La
    congrats! looks like a fine pistol.

when and where you going to shoot it?
    Hopefully I'll be at the Terrebonne Sheriff's range by 10am tomorrow.

Hence the L after the 17 :mamoru:

Congrats, and let us know how it shoots. Also, Like Buddy mentioned above, where do ya go shoot?

Will do. I already did some comparisons between it and my friend's 22 and I find mine to be somewhat more comfortable to hold/aim. The magazine release is a bit awkward, but it really doesn't bother me a whole lot. The ported barrel really makes it lighter and more balanced as well. I'm dying to see how it shoots. the wait is killing me =/

senseibuddy

Black Riflin' & Glock'n
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    st amant
    the long slide should give u a front end heavy feel, and assist with recoil control, the ported barrel will help too, but alot of folks here are not very 'ported barrel' friendly.
    I have a G22 and a G27. And i will be shooting them both tomorrow in baton rouge.
    u can get a mag release extension for ur gun too...not sure whats its called, but u can find videos of it on youtube.com
    make sure you try to learn ur pistol at the range and let us know ur thoughts.
    make sure to shoot ur friends pistols too..its nice to have comparisons.

AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland
    Welcome, is the Terrebonne range open? I called them a couple of weeks ago and no one answered. I assumed they were closed.

D0NNY

That guy
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Houma, La
    the long slide should give u a front end heavy feel, and assist with recoil control, the ported barrel will help too, but alot of folks here are not very 'ported barrel' friendly.
    I have a G22 and a G27. And i will be shooting them both tomorrow in baton rouge.
    u can get a mag release extension for ur gun too...not sure whats its called, but u can find videos of it on youtube.com
    make sure you try to learn ur pistol at the range and let us know ur thoughts.
    make sure to shoot ur friends pistols too..its nice to have comparisons.
    I've shot my buddy's 22 twice and liked it. It'll definitely be fun shooting both tomorrow. And thanks, I do plan to learn this gun well since I'll probably own for a very long time.

Welcome, is the Terrebonne range open? I called them a couple of weeks ago and no one answered. I assumed they were closed.

Sure is! I think their hours are 8am-4pm M-F, and I forget their weekend hours on Saturdays. They may not be open to the public till 10am. Call and check.

It's not a bad place to shoot. It's the closest to my house (7~ minute drive) so it's convenient. The people who work there can be annoying though, and I don't blame them for being overly cautious. I just felt that we were being watched more so than normally last time we went since I had brought a lady friend along who was new to guns. That, and I always feel rushed when it gets close to 4pm. They're consistent about letting you know when the close :o

Barney88PDC

SEND IT
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    I put a Vickers Tactical mag release extension on my all the Glocks I own. It is just a tad bit longer but really does help with the mag release. Especially with the Hogue Overmold grip I have on them that makes the grip a little wider therefore having the mag release "deeper" in the grip. It makes it sitick out back to about where it was before. 1 min install. Really simple do it yourself thing.

D0NNY

That guy
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Houma, La
    I put a Vickers Tactical mag release extension on my all the Glocks I own. It is just a tad bit longer but really does help with the mag release. Especially with the Hogue Overmold grip I have on them that makes the grip a little wider therefore having the mag release "deeper" in the grip. It makes it sitick out back to about where it was before. 1 min install. Really simple do it yourself thing.
    The magazine release on the gun already sticks out a considerable amount:

2ufummx.jpg

It doesn't bother me a whole lot because I have tiny hands and it's easy for me to hit the mag release. My only gripe is with the ergonomics of it not being that great. I know other people have complained about the release on the gun since it makes it kinda awkward.

D0NNY

That guy
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Houma, La
    I feel like a kid right now. I honestly had a hard time falling asleep last night because I was so anxious/nervous/excited about shooting today :rofl:

Hell I've been up for over an hour and figure I'm still about an hour away from getting to the range with my friends. Oh how this wait is killing me :D

And some more pics to whore out since I just took pics of the mag release:
    2mqjm6c.jpg

2dtuq8g.jpg

D0NNY

That guy
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Houma, La
    :eek3:

A computer, bottle of pills and a pistol.
    RX for those crazy things in my head that make me crazy
    2q398uf.gif

:D

It's just an RX. I'm pretty normal in the head :squint: If anything, it should help me focus more while out at the range today. Or at least, that's what I'm hoping will happen.

Top Bottom