I hate at&t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • icetraxx

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2011
    Denham Springs
    NOLA_Jack yes I fixed it. lol

I did find it interesting this morning that 2 days before I move from cox to att for all of my home services that I all of a sudden have 85% packet loss to my cox cable modem. The earliest they can get a tech out is tuesday. The same day att is coming to install uverse.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    NOLA_Jack yes I fixed it. lol

I did find it interesting this morning that 2 days before I move from cox to att for all of my home services that I all of a sudden have 85% packet loss to my cox cable modem. The earliest they can get a tech out is tuesday. The same day att is coming to install uverse.

That is standard operating procedure for almost any company, especially one that provides a time frame. If my company tells you we will arrive between 8-12 we expect you to be there for that time frame, we will attempt a courtesy call, but the reality is people forget, dont see the note, job details dont populate on the computer, etc. In addition to this, people expecting a courtesy call often go do things, when we call them they say, ok I'll be back in ____ minutes. Then they take 20+_____minutes.

I'm sure many people would complain about my poor customer service, but I don't care how long you take to get back to the house, once I pull up at the door, you've got 15 minutes(unless you're my only job for the day, or I'm ahead on time). This isn't done to be rude or because I'm angry, but because I have other customers after you who are waiting at their house for me to arrive.

Not saying this is the case with your situation, just showing how it often happens in mine.

MilOperator

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Metairie, LA.
    I HATE AT&T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    YES I AM YELLING.
    YES IT IS ON PURPOSE.

iStock_000006931318XSmall-pulling-hair-out.jpg

Join the club.

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    Oh, you mean you weren't. Missed that with all the yelling. :D

Merry Christmas, friend. That external drive is still humming along nicely. Thanks.

That was almost "REALLY upset" but not quite.
    Now that it's over, I'll enjoy the OT pay on my next check.
    Just in time for Christmas! :D

sgt z

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Hammond, LA
    I write a monthly check to ATT for a full-time service that only works part-time. I don't think their infrastructure supports their customer demands. The services always seem to not work when I need them the most.

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    That is standard operating procedure for almost any company, especially one that provides a time frame. If my company tells you we will arrive between 8-12 we expect you to be there for that time frame, we will attempt a courtesy call, but the reality is people forget, dont see the note, job details dont populate on the computer, etc. In addition to this, people expecting a courtesy call often go do things, when we call them they say, ok I'll be back in ____ minutes. Then they take 20+_____minutes.

I'm sure many people would complain about my poor customer service, but I don't care how long you take to get back to the house, once I pull up at the door, you've got 15 minutes(unless you're my only job for the day, or I'm ahead on time). This isn't done to be rude or because I'm angry, but because I have other customers after you who are waiting at their house for me to arrive.

Not saying this is the case with your situation, just showing how it often happens in mine.

Amen Brother!

icetraxx

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2011
    Denham Springs

I know both sides. In our business environment we cannot be at several locations at once. We ask them to call so we can be there when they get there. I have had techs say we were not there, when I in fact was there all morning waiting and watching the parking lot. I have had a tech come, look at the problem, say that the problem is down the street and that he would be back in 20min. 2 Hours later no call and no show. I find out the next day he did come back sometime later, left, and wrote it up as a customer no show. I know that there are good techs and bad ones. I had 2 cox techs come at different times to look at a missing channels it was an m-card and not a regular tuner. They kept saying it was my equipment and not theirs. The 3rd person called out hooked up a piece of equipment and found that they were not provisioned properly. Someone fat fingered some numbers.

My last post was at 3:30am aggravated that packet loss all of a sudden appeared on home connection causing degradation in internet and no phone. Internet came back fine 2 hours later and I still do not have phone. I am chocking that one up to ATT provisioning my existing cox number over to their system.

I have had positive experiences and negative ones. AT&T lean toward the negative percentages. Every business has good and not so good techs. A good tech can become a not so good one if he/she is having a bad day. I'm sure you have some experiences with customers that goes both ways also.

Top Bottom