I installed a new laser sight on my 3" Judge SS!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    Hey bro, like others have said: it's your gun and your choice. I personally don't see a problem with using a judge for self defense, as long as you understand what you're giving up for 5 rounds of .45/.410.

As for the laser placement, I think you could not have chosen a worse option. A $21 accessory that renders the sights useless and which you are now betting your life on doesn't make sense to me. I hope you check the batteries often.

Do your thing, just be aware no one in their right mind would want to fight with that set up.

Twin1300

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Denham Springs, LA
    That's all well and good, just understand that the guys that are giving their opinion are only doing so in your best interest. As a community of gun owners we have all types. Many here are primarily focused on guns as a self defense tool hate to see anyone inadequately armed. I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss their advice.

I have heard this so many times...even from people who cannot accept I carry a NAA 22 mag Pug. But everyone agrees they don't want to get shot by that little revolver. I didn't asks "what's the best home defense weapon"??? I didn't ask..............because Y'ALL CAN'T AGREE EITHER OR WHAT CALIBER!!! FOFLOL

No such thing as the perfect home defense weapon! If it was, they would all sell one gun or weapon! It just that you have your eye wide open that evil exists and it must be met by force!

Twin1300

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Denham Springs, LA
    Hey bro, like others have said: it's your gun and your choice. I personally don't see a problem with using a judge for self defense, as long as you understand what you're giving up for 5 rounds of .45/.410.

As for the laser placement, I think you could not have chosen a worse option. A $21 accessory that renders the sights useless and which you are now betting your life on doesn't make sense to me. I hope you check the batteries often.

Do your thing, just be aware no one in their right mind would want to fight with that set up.

Thank you sir for your advice! I will check the batteries often.

....................bobby

Last edited:

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    I have heard this so many times...even from people who cannot accept I carry a NAA 22 mag Pug. But everyone agrees they don't want to get shot by that little revolver. I didn't asks "what's the best home defense weapon"??? I didn't ask..............because Y'ALL CAN'T AGREE EITHER OR WHAT CALIBER!!! FOFLOL

No such thing as the perfect home defense weapon! If it was, they would all sell one gun or weapon! It just that you have your eye wide open that evil exists and it must be met by force!

To each his own. Just know that that gelatin test is from a .410 shotgun, not a 3" bbl judge.

Twin1300

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Denham Springs, LA
    To each his own. Just know that that gelatin test is from a .410 shotgun, not a 3" bbl judge.

Yes...sir! I do know that! Just like shooting a 44 mag out of a 10.5" barrel Super Redhawk is better ballistics the Alaskian! But I don't want to get shot with either one! Just like I wouldn't want to get shot with 000 Buck from a Judge!

.................bobby

Last edited:

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    I don't shoot cartridges out of my pistol that were designed for 18-30 inch barrels. I shoot cartridges designed for optimal performance out of short barrels.

I don't /want/ to be shot with a 22 short, but that doesn't mean I want to count on it to stop a crazed methhead from assaulting me in my home. You're applying an extremely low bar of proof to a situation that requires an extremely high bar of burden.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    The Judge is just what I've always wanted. A really big revolver that holds 5 .410 shells with a 3 inch barrel made by a company that is known for making junk.

JR1572

Twin1300

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Denham Springs, LA
    I don't shoot cartridges out of my pistol that were designed for 18-30 inch barrels. I shoot cartridges designed for optimal performance out of short barrels.

I don't /want/ to be shot with a 22 short, but that doesn't mean I want to count on it to stop a crazed methhead from assaulting me in my home. You're applying an extremely low bar of proof to a situation that requires an extremely high bar of burden.

See you have your opinion and I disagree! The better performing rounds from long barrels with ultimately still have great potential from short barrels. You act like the bullet won't leave the chamber. What are you trying to convince me of???? That your pistol round is better than mine? Who cares? LOL I appreciate your what ever you are trying to convince me of and I haven't figured that out yet, but you are passionate about something. Awesome!

But.........I DON'T NEED YOUR SAVING ME!!!! How's that if I can ask it nicely and politely.

Thanks....................bobby

Twin1300

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Denham Springs, LA
    The Judge is just what I've always wanted. A really big revolver that holds 5 .410 shells with a 3 inch barrel made by a company that is known for making junk.

JR1572

Thanks for your opinion. You know....I thought this forum was for like minded individuals who had a common goal to support and defend the 2nd Amendment, the enjoyment of shooting, owning a weapon, and one another as free men! I guess we are down to name calling other people weapons and choices! You guys rock!!! LOL

.......................bobby

Last edited:

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Thanks for your opinion. You know....I thought this forum was for like minded individuals who had a common goal to support and defend the 2nd Amendment, the enjoyment of shooting, owning a weapon, and one another as free men! I guess we are down to name calling other people weapons and choices! You guys rock!!! LOL

.......................bobby

Before you wrap yourself in the flag and call me a terrorist, there are better options out there that can provide you with a greater level of dependability, easier to reload, conceal better, and carry more rounds that are better suited than a .410 shotshell.

I'd rather hurt your feelings here than hear about you getting shot up because your Judge didn't work or you couldn't reload it fast enough.

I guess I shouldn't try to help people out...

JR1572

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    I don't care what you think, dude, but you mentioned buying that Judge for use by your wife and son, whom you profess are not acclimated shooters. So to me, they are basically innocent victims being subjected to your incompetent assessment, and I felt bad for them, and tried to offer some advice.

For what it's worth, I never even told you what I carry, gun or cartridge, or tried to convert you to my way of thinking. I just wanted to lay out some of the warnings that the Judge deserves, when someone chooses to give one to a novice and think it's a good idea for self defense in the home.

You apparently don't care about them very much if you think that was a good idea.

Twin1300

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Denham Springs, LA
    Before you wrap yourself in the flag and call me a terrorist, there are better options out there that can provide you with a greater level of dependability, easier to reload, conceal better, and carry more rounds that are better suited than a .410 shotshell.

I'd rather hurt your feelings here than hear about you getting shot up because your Judge didn't work or you couldn't reload it fast enough.

I guess I shouldn't try to help people out...

JR1572

Negative sir! I would NEVER assume what you are assuming I think about you.....I DON'T KNOW YOU! Why would you assume this from me?????? You don't know me, but just so you know....I respect a post like this "a hell of lot more than your first post", because you have shown me something from a person that cares instead of what I bought was a piece of junk! You want me to assume from your first post that you had any other motive than what you wrote is kind of stretching, don't you think? So, let me ask you a question? If I had wrote just only what you wrote, you could have assumed that you were caring and not a keyboard commander? LOL I think not.

Secondly, I never said it was for conceal and carry and was it my only first line of defense! My post from the beginning and I have said "from the beginning" that it's for stopping someone and protecting my home in the middle of the night. I have a 40, 45, 357, 38 special, 22's, 25's, and assortment of rifles. I own 3 Taurus weapons and NOT ONE HAS FAILED TO FIRE IN THOUSANDS OF ROUNDS!

................bobby

Twin1300

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Denham Springs, LA
    I don't care what you think, dude, but you mentioned buying that Judge for use by your wife and son, whom you profess are not acclimated shooters. So to me, they are basically innocent victims being subjected to your incompetent assessment, and I felt bad for them, and tried to offer some advice.

For what it's worth, I never even told you what I carry, gun or cartridge, or tried to convert you to my way of thinking. I just wanted to lay out some of the warnings that the Judge deserves, when someone chooses to give one to a novice and think it's a good idea for self defense in the home.

You apparently don't care about them very much if you think that was a good idea.

Coming on man! Quit assuming stuff that is irrelevant. What? Because they don't shoot as much as me as long as me (45 years worth of shooting weapons and firearms) they shouldn't shoot the gun it in an emergency??? A lot of people have shotguns in there home as a defense gun and they don't always practice with the family with it. It's an emergency weapon. Just like a fire extinguisher! You don't always take your family practicing with it but we all have one in our home, because it's better than nothing!

By the way!!! I NEVER said I was buying the weapon my wife and son! I bought it because I wanted it and like the weapon! I already own this! It's my first weapon that I would use in a home situation! JMO

Thanks....................bobby

Last edited:

Twin1300

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Denham Springs, LA
    Now you're just floundering.

What????? LOL You kidding right? If you don't like my choice of weapon fine! I can appreciate you opinion, but keep saying the same thing because you don't like it or my choice is kind of crazy! I DO NOT need or want you to save me. I already posted that! And this latest post sounds like what someone would post in grade school.

I didn't ask your opinion and now I don't really care since you keep post useless info! I'm trying here to get along and it seems you don't understand....thank you but I don't care IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY CHOICE! FOFLOL

Have a blessed day....how's that?

.....................bobby

Top Bottom