I just placed a bid on this AR Upper..

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Obey

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Apr 14, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Yeah, I would have bought a BCM upper for $500, a BCM BCG for $150, and the UTG quad rail is pretty cheap. You probably would have been much better off that way. JMHO. :)

Jon

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 13, 2006
    BR "City of Central"
    Last edited:

bkeach

Warrior Bride!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2009
    California
    The BCM Setup you suggested all together with Carrier group and UTG would be 720+

I am getting DPMS Upper with BCG and UTG for 650.

I am happy with the route I took.

Obey

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Apr 14, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    The BCM Setup you suggested all together with Carrier group and UTG would be 720+

I am getting DPMS Upper with BCG and UTG for 650.

I am happy with the route I took.

Yes, but you'd be getting much, much, much, much more for $70.

BCM equals Colt in quality. There's a reason why Colt 6920s are $1300 and DPMS rifles are $800, and it isn't just the dancing pony. Not saying DPMS is poor, they make good stuff, but it's like a Ford to a Rolls-Royce in quality difference.

bkeach

Warrior Bride!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2009
    California
    "much, much, much, much" LOL

"Ford to a Rolls-Royce in quality difference"

That is funny cause you have a pic of what appears to be a ford as your avatar.

Obey

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Apr 14, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    "much, much, much, much" LOL

"Ford to a Rolls-Royce in quality difference"

That is funny cause you have a pic of what appears to be a ford as your avatar.

Yes, it is mine, and I love it, but I wouldn't be so foolish as to compare it to a Rolls-Royce. This is appropriate considering the theme of this thread. You think that BECAUSE it is mine, I would favorably compare it to a luxury car - that's why it is 'funny' to you. Your response makes sense, since you are obviously trying to rationalize away your guilt from a purchase you made hastily, and only BECAUSE you now 'own it.' Happens all the time on gun forums - The "It is the best because it is the one I bought" mentality (you) versus, "It is the one I bought because it is the best" perspective.

bkeach...1 obey...0

When did this become a competition? Or are you trying to make it so?

Keach, you posted this thread asking if you were getting a good deal. You were seeking opinions, am I right? (Of course, AFTER you place a bid?) So I have the AUDACITY to tell you that you could have done better than a DPMS upper with an airsoft-grade quad-rail, for about the same amount of money, and you turn on me as if I have attacked you. If you don't want opinions, don't pretend as if you do. That $70 difference will wash after you break your bolt at the cam hole and buy a new one. Maybe when you buy this new bolt you'll post for an opinion before you bid...

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=425345&page=1

Last edited:

bkeach

Warrior Bride!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2009
    California
    Im not turning on you buddy. I appreciate your insight. i just thought that was funny. I simple observation that was all. I am happy with my purchase and have stored the info you have provided for future builds. I just thought the irony of the example you used was comical.

:)

Obey

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Apr 14, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Im not turning on you buddy. I appreciate your insight. i just thought that was funny. I simple observation that was all. I am happy with my purchase and have stored the info you have provided for future builds. I just thought the irony of the example you used was comical.

Gotcha. It appeared to me that your post was intended as an insult, and then I read scooterj's post, which reinforced my perception and added a little fuel to the fire. Sorry, I can get a little huffy at times.

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace

Gotcha. It appeared to me that your post was intended as an insult, and then I read scooterj's post, which reinforced my perception and added a little fuel to the fire. Sorry, I can get a little huffy at times.

It was just a joke. No harm meant.

Top Bottom