I like this

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    Their list of businesses that ban guns is nice but there is a database which covers all 50 states at www.friendorfoe.us . Just put in your zip code and see the Green markers (progun) or Red markers (antigun) showing the names and locations of busineses in your area.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    WOW!!!!! :rofl:

Well, hey, you know what? If these businesses truly believe that a lawfully-armed patron is the root of all evil & a threat to their safety, then they shouldn't have a problem being called out for it- OR LOSING BUSINESS BECAUSE OF IT.

Right? :D:D:D

EDIT: Thanks, also, Yale. That's a handy list to keep around....:cool:

Last edited:

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    Wow Raising Canes is on the list. I eat at them all the time.
    Yep, Raising Canes, Advance Auto Prts, Waffle House and many others have Corp policies which say you are not welcome in thier businesses armed. If you discover an progun or anti gun business, feel free to add it to the map.

LongGoneDays

Mine. Not yours.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Shreveport, LA
    My my my, guess who is on the list

American Jewelry & Loan Detroit Wayne Retail 20450 Greenfield Rd

homeSplash.jpg

Greasy hypocrite.

Last edited:

LongGoneDays

Mine. Not yours.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Shreveport, LA

Been there before, thanks for the reminder.

Yep, Raising Canes, Advance Auto Prts, Waffle House and many others have Corp policies which say you are not welcome in thier businesses armed. If you discover an progun or anti gun business, feel free to add it to the map.

I've heared of WH but never seen a no gun sign. Not at Cane's either but didn't look.
    I wonder what the legality of corp policy along with the state of LA's stance on no carry?
    I mean if no sign then no sign. I'm not going to carry around a map with me of places I can go, I'll just not worry about it.

Not that I respect property owners more than my life, just curious.

Pacioli

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Interesting about Waffle House. I ate at the Denham Springs Waffle House on the way to the VATA class last month. I scanned the windows before entering and didn't see anything. I guess the young man just convicted of shooting to death the insurance salesman at the Baton Rouge Waffle House decided not to heed their sign.

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    ive oc'ed in the houma wh, canes, and advance. no signs, no issues. had a good discussion with the clerk at advanced on the state oc laws.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    I'd be interested to see supporting documentation showing why these companies are on these lists (either pro or anti-gun notations).

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I wouldn't let any of them know I was carrying anyway. And if they don't post a sign, and it ain't written in a law; Screw 'em!

I do ask ALL of the people who's home I am entering though.;)

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    I'd be interested to see supporting documentation showing why these companies are on these lists (either pro or anti-gun notations).

This.

Chances are that several of the places without signs have asked people to leave in the past, based on their possession of a weapon. Furthermore, it may be a practice to mark every location of a particular franchise as "anti-gun" because of an incident in a single store, or simply because one of them already appears on the list in a different location.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna

This. There seems to be no rhyme nor reason to the list. One Home Depot is red another is green. Same for Waffle House. Also have Bass Pro as red. :confused:

<edit> nevermind. Just found how to click on the marker and read the review. Most of the red marker reviews start off with "I was OC'ing...", and you can figure out the rest.:mamoru:

Last edited:

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    Their list of businesses that ban guns is nice but there is a database which covers all 50 states at www.friendorfoe.us . Just put in your zip code and see the Green markers (progun) or Red markers (antigun) showing the names and locations of busineses in your area.

The list does not make sense. I did a search for BR and the reults showed with either a green or red icon. Click on green and it says it has positive results. Oppisite if red. Bass Pro is in their twice, one is green and one is red. Others are like that as well. Are the results on that site based off peoples opinion or company policy. It doesn't seem to add up

mb504

Better than Cheese
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    New Orleans
    I wish the friendorfoe site had more range, so you could mark if they ban OC and/or CC. Something like:

+5 Signage pro-carry
    +2 Open Carry allowed
    +1 CC Allowed
    0 I'm clueless so I don't know why I'm even am filling out this form
    -1 Snarky Looks from staff
    -2 Asked to leave when open carrying
    -3 Signage banning all carry
    -10 had the cops called on me and I ended up proned on ground for wearing a Bayoushooter t-shirt

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    Regarding Waffle House, Rasing canes and other businesses, keep in mind that businesses are not required to post signs. I work at Baton Rouge General Hospital and neither our Bluebonnet campus nor the hospital in Midcity have gunbuster signs. Yet we still have a policy forbiding weapons of any kind on our properties.
    Most times you will not have any problems at a business unless..
    1-someone complains to staff that you are armed
    or
    2-staff notices your gun and kicks you to the curb.
    Most times it's those of us who Open Carry regularly who are made aware of these invisable polices against firearms simply because more people see our pistols. If you conceal you are unlikely to be hassled. One benefit is that we learn exactily who our firends are in regards to our right to carry.
    Of course, your experiances can be very different from store to store or even person to person. You may go into a store hundreds of times and never have a thing said to you and then one day you walk in and the manager is threatening to call the cops because you are in his store with a pistol.
    See this story of a customer in Georga who was a regualr at a certain Dennys resturant for over a decade. Then one day the new manager tells him he can't carry and even shows him in the Dennys policy manual where it states pistols are not welcome. Here-> http://www.wafb.com/story/13201632/1?redirected=true
    Do any business with US Bank? They don't welcome your gun like some other banks. See here-> http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?88923-US-Bank-Corporate-Policy
    Who's your cellphone provider? Is it Verizon? Do you know Verizons' corporate policy regarding firearms? Verizon Wireless reserves the right to refuse access to customers if they bear arms. here-> http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...-refuse-access-to-customers-if-they-bear-arms
    and so on and so on. We learn of more pro carry and anti carry businesses every day.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom