I may have missed this in here, has any one seen this?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • arcomm3

Privateer
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 22, 2008
    S.E.La.
    My cousin sent this to me

Here is a summary of House Resoloution 45. Pass it on.

H.R. 45 (Rush): This bill would require a license for handguns and semiautomatics, including those currently possessed. The applicant must be thumbprinted and sign a certification that, effectively, the firearm will not be kept in a place where it would be available for the defense of the gun owner’s family. The applicant must also make available ALL of his psychiatric records, pass an exam, and pay a fee of up to $25. The license may be renewed after five years and may be revoked. Private sales would be outlawed, and reports to the attorney general of all transactions would be required, even when, as the bill allows, the AG determines that a state licensing system is sufficiently draconian to substitute for the federal license. With virtually no exceptions, ALL firearms transactions (involving semiautos, handguns, long guns, etc.) would be subject to a Brady check. In addition, the bill would make it unlawful in nearly all cases to keep any loaded firearm for self-defense. A variety of “crimes by omission” (such as failure to report certain things) would be created. Criminal penalties of up to ten years and almost unlimited regulatory and inspection authority would be established.

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    "sign a certification that, effectively, the firearm will not be kept in a place where it would be available for the defense of the gun owner’s family."

Excuse me??? WTF? How the hell do we allow people like that to even run for an office?

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    I can understand why a criminal would push for legislation to take away our right to defend ourselves. He or one of his friends could hurt in the commission of a felony.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Note that this bill has no co-sponsors.
    Bobby Rush is an ex-Black Panther moron. That being said, we still need to keep an eye on it.

Art
    You're dammned right you better keep an eye on it . In todays political climate , anything can get jammed down our throats .

Top Bottom