I miss The Ground Patti

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tibodoe

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Growing up BR we had 4 or 5 Ground Pattis. It is still my idea of the perfect cheese burger.
    I have tried the one in Lafayette and it is as good as I remember. The one in Covington is not the same.
    I don't know why they left. Seemed like they had good business. I would love to see one open again.

Storm52

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Shreveport
    I remember Ground Patti's. It was a great burger. None of that fru-fru lettuce, real sharp cheddar cheese. The original Fuddruckers came close.

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    While I like Ground Patti (and its probably one of my daughter's favorite restaurants) I prefer Lakeview Harbor's burgers.

you're right Lakeview Harbor has great burgers. Ground Patti was great. They had the best burger about 30 years ago. They have 1 on the West Bank in Gretna that's not too bad but no where near what it used to be. I use to like Burger King they had a great burger when I was a kid but now not so much.

Last edited:

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    I was never too keen on them. Kind of 'meh' to me.

I've tried both the 'original' there on Johnston and the ones that're part of the chain - very different menus. Both of them are kinda unimpressive. Good burgers, don't get me wrong, I'll be happy to eat there, but for the "woohoo" of burgers I just don't think so.

Then again, I tried thinking about where a real good burger would be in Lafayette and I can't recall where I've gotten a damned fine burger - I tend to just make my own at home when I want something specific and awesome.

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    I definitely loved ground patti back in the day....Bud Broilers is probably a better option, as well as, Lee's Hamburgers in Slidell....LEGIT

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    Lee's is the real deal. Burger with the works is delicious. Great onion rings too. I think they have a great chicken sandwich too.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Last edited:

FORman

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 3, 2012
    Lafayette LA
    I was never too keen on them. Kind of 'meh' to me.

I've tried both the 'original' there on Johnston and the ones that're part of the chain - very different menus. Both of them are kinda unimpressive. Good burgers, don't get me wrong, I'll be happy to eat there, but for the "woohoo" of burgers I just don't think so.

Then again, I tried thinking about where a real good burger would be in Lafayette and I can't recall where I've gotten a damned fine burger - I tend to just make my own at home when I want something specific and awesome.

Check out Southside Bakery (in the shopping center Johnson & Colledge) best hamburger in Lafayette, although I still crave and have to do bugers at home on charcoal.

For a sandwich rarely gotten since my youth I go to Fat Pats for a breaded tenderloin.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Check out Southside Bakery (in the shopping center Johnson & Colledge) best hamburger in Lafayette, although I still crave and have to do bugers at home on charcoal.

For a sandwich rarely gotten since my youth I go to Fat Pats for a breaded tenderloin.

Yea, I love Fat Pats burgers. I go there when I want a good brat (with sauerkraut) that I don't make at home, because you can't find a decent brat in the south, it seems.

Southside bakery had good burgers, and I don't know if they changed the recipe but now it's "Twins" something-something. Same deal, it looks like, but I haven't been there since they changed, so I'm not sure.

Top Bottom