I need a favor guys...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    LA, you realize you will have to actively push this through don't you? Don't just send this petition to those morons and think that's all you need to do. You will need to build a coalition and go to that unholy place which is the Louisiana State Capitol and make sure it gets through.

Good luck!

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    I'll sign it. FWIW, 15 years ago when I owned my own business... I was a staunch Republican. I bought the right wing line that all government spending is wasteful and felt that the only way to lower taxes was to cut the wasteful spending of government social programs.
    Then a car fell on me and I ended up in Charity Hospital. Since I gave my wallet to my employee, when I showed up at the hospital I was tagged as an "unknown" even though I did give them my name, address, DOB.

In any case, it was then that I first hand witnessed the benefit of these "wasteful government programs." I received the best medical care in the world with the best orthopedic surgeons in the state. I am convinced to this day that if I would have been sent anywhere else I would not be walking today. It's so easy to buy the simple line of politicians who always say cut spending. And IMO Jindal has been a huge let down. This guy has slashed all medical mental health in the New Orleans area. I have to wonder who is pulling his strings. Who's favors is he repaying?

And I will add that I do agree there is waste. But why don't they ever look into other areas of cost savings. Government never goes after the sacred cows like Rx drug costs. The VA can bargain with the drug companies for lower prices but Medicare/Medicaid doesn't. I could go on and on with rants like this. Governments always go after low hanging fruit because of lobbyist influence IMO. And I am guessing, that is where the bill about the therapist is coming from.
    It reminds me about the Monks in Covington who wanted to put their wood-shop to work and make caskets. They made beautiful simple wood caskets but the state and funeral homes fought them all the way to the Supreme Court trying to prevent them from making a casket. The funeral homes claimed that the caskets the monks made were not safe. What a load of crap.
    By the way....it is exactly because of the cuts in government social programs that I am a staunch proponent for decriminalization of many drugs. I am not for outright legalization. There is a big difference. The reason I want to see an end to imprisoning people for simple drug possession is because this is exactly why La is so broke IMO.

We have the highest incarceration rate in the USA. (Actually the highest in the world) And rest assured, privatizing of prisons does not save costs. For profit prisons are notorious for costing states much more than when the state ran these facilities. They lobby the state for tougher immigration laws and then try to get as many illegals locked up. Illegals stay in prison for a very long time generating big bucks for the for profit prisons.
    Every dollar spent incarcerating a non-violent offender is one less dollar which could be used for health care, education, and roads/bridges. Incarceration is such a non-productive area of spending. Sure, lock up all violent offenders. But if a person is no more than the equivalent of a drunk ( they just smoke weed instead of drink) why should the state spend 25,000 a year locking that person up. I have to believe that prisons are now big profitable businesses.

Anyway,sorry for the rant and not trying to hijack your thread. It just gets me going. :)

Yes....I'll sign it. Good luck La Camper. I hope the below petition gets through for you.

https://www.change.org/petitions/th...5?utm_medium=email&utm_source=share_petition#

Last edited:
    Top Bottom