I need a favor guys...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • asianpersuasion

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Seabrook/BR
    https://www.change.org/petitions/th...5?utm_medium=email&utm_source=share_petition#

Sign this petition for me please!

As some of you know I have a mentally handicapped daughter. We have made incredible progress over the last year with her by using a behavior therapist who does not happen to be a child psychologist. We tried psychologist and wasted a year, not to mention thousands of dollars, while they ran tests and studies and accomplished nothing.

The state is trying to put ABA (American Behaviorist Association) therapist licensing under the LA board of psychology, which does not recognize the ABA licensing. Its a turf fight that the state is sticking its nose into. If this passes I loose my therapist and I'm back to paying $100 an hour for therapy that doesn't work. Please help me keep LA out of this issue...

Thanks,

Kevin

Signed

Two of my friends are ABA and started a company a while back.

LongGoneDays

Mine. Not yours.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Shreveport, LA
    Oh, I signed it when the thread first started. I just want to point out my Dale Gribblesque dislike of putting my name on any official looking document, but I did it anyway.

jmanrogers

SGT JMAN
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Alexandria
    I have a brother that is severely mentally challenged and it took my mom 34yrs to get the state to provide her with some help in the afternoons with my brother, so I feel your pain and know of the frustrations and expense that it can bring. Praying for you and your family and I signed the petition. Hope it works out for you and yours! I'm number 702 of 1000!!

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Thanks for the support guys! Emperor, you are dead on. The ABA is fighting this tooth and nail. They have the horsepower to get it done but the petition is part of that. Our therapist (Julie is incredible- if anyone needs a behaviorist PM me for contact info!) asked for help getting the signatures. We really appreciate it!

Thanks!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb
    Top Bottom