I need a weightlifting routine to build muscle

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldsman350

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Hammond
    I've been going to the gym for the past 3 weeks and I think that I've created a random routine. I feel like I'm getting stronger but I want something more concrete of a routine. Now I currently do Decline/flat bench, curls, pull down, abs,row and work on my legs. Is this a good rountine to help build up my muscles, not really focused on weight just want to turn the fat into muscle. What do you guys recommend?

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    If the exercises you listed are the only ones you do, in my opinion that is not enough. Also throw in push ups and pull ups as well. No matter what you need to be able to move you're own weight around.

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    I've been going to the gym for the past 3 weeks and I think that I've created a random routine. I feel like I'm getting stronger but I want something more concrete of a routine. Now I currently do Decline/flat bench, curls, pull down, abs,row and work on my legs.
    You will not see the fruits of your labor until about 4-6 weeks in.

Instead of random, write down what you're going to do on what days, and how many sets and reps you will preform. If you feel you aren't pushing yourself increase reps and sets.
    Don't do everything on one day.

Change out the pull downs for pull-ups.
    What exercises do you mean when you said work on my legs and abs?
    Is this a good rountine to help build up my muscles, not really focused on weight just want to turn the fat into muscle. What do you guys recommend?
    What are you eating and drinking daily?
    How many hours are you sleeping day to day?

:)

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Lake Charles
    p90x-logo1.jpg

oldsman350

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Hammond
    I usually do a weight machine for my abs and as far as legs I do leg curls, work thighs. Any BS members go to Anytime Fitness in the Albany/hammond area that would be interested in showing me a proper workout? So do chest and arms one day, then say legs and abs the next, basically alternate.

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    Have you had an assesment done?
    How much you currently weigh, body fat you are carrying, one rep max, **** like that to see where you stand?
    I usually do a weight machine for my abs and as far as legs I do leg curls, work thighs.
    You should drop machines altogether and use free weights. The squat rack is your friend
    For legs do squats and/or weighted lunges.

Your abs won't actually show until you drop below a certain body fat %.
    So do chest and arms one day, then say legs and abs the next, basically alternate.
    On the third day you should try something cardio related. Does your gym have a punching bag.

You didn't answer my last couple of questions; which are the most important.
    What are you eating and drinking daily?
    How many hours are you sleeping day to day?

:)

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    personal trainer, nuff said.

Maybe you can afford $25 an hour but the rest of us cannot. ;)

How much do trainers usually cost?

Average Trainer charges $25 an hour.

You need to spend some time in this THREAD. Over the years I've posted quite a few weight lifting routines for various body types. If you don't find what you need shoot me a PM and I'll see what I can find. Also you can check out some Weight Training Tips @ Military.com Fitness Section

Chaarzarul

bucket crab
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    First you'll need the right mind-set. So, get two 40 ounce Old English malt liquors (one for each hand), take a seat and drink them casually without putting them down. Do this once in the morning, on your day's off, and once every night. Walking is the absolute best exercise for your legs, but you have to walk far. Running will cause you to go insane oneday. Do a lot of stretching. Your arms, back, sides, neck, etc., but don't do the bend over and touch your toes thing, that's weird. Here's the best thing. I call it the offering. Get your heaviest rifle, sit down, and hold the rifle above your head for as long as you can. Keep your head slightly bowed, do not look up. Do this two or three times or whatever you prefer. A lot of people say to do push ups, so if you want to look real swollen and have man-boobs when you get old, then go ahead and do-em. Enjoy. (Life is a workout, strapping yourself to a machine is torture)

Don Howard

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    west nawlins
    I'm into my 5th week of P90. It's hard but whats killin me is the dam yoga and plyometrics. Yoga is a PITA and I almost puked after doing the plyometrics the first time

I second the p90x routine. I'm in my 6th week and have lost 15 pounds and inches all around. In fact, before officially starting p90x I did cardio 2/week for 2 weeks with some weights 1/week and lost 5 pounds. I coupled this with lower caloric intake spread over 5-7 meals. Trying to up the weights I use as well. i'm on u tube if y'all want to follow me.

Jed

Bloody Foreigner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Clearwater Beach, FL
    First you'll need the right mind-set. So, get two 40 ounce Old English malt liquors (one for each hand), take a seat and drink them casually without putting them down. Do this once in the morning, on your day's off, and once every night. Walking is the absolute best exercise for your legs, but you have to walk far. Running will cause you to go insane oneday. Do a lot of stretching. Your arms, back, sides, neck, etc., but don't do the bend over and touch your toes thing, that's weird. Here's the best thing. I call it the offering. Get your heaviest rifle, sit down, and hold the rifle above your head for as long as you can. Keep your head slightly bowed, do not look up. Do this two or three times or whatever you prefer. A lot of people say to do push ups, so if you want to look real swollen and have man-boobs when you get old, then go ahead and do-em. Enjoy. (Life is a workout, strapping yourself to a machine is torture)

LMAO, werd.

rooster

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2009
    Lake Charles, LA
    I've done just about every workout under the sun at one point or another and I realized I don't really carr about building "show" muscles, I care about being strong. If building show muscles is what you want then weightlifting is the best way. If being strong is what you want then go with crossfit or P90x or insanity if you don't mind doing the same thing over and over. As for a weight routines, I like Randy Coutoure's.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Umm what???

I cant figure out whether to ignore the guy because he's trolling or tell him he's a moron for believing that.

Suffice to say you do NOT have to exercise at home beforehand to gain benefit from a trainer. Most especially if you've never exercised before. They will educate you in how to avoid injury.

uscg4good

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2010
    Houma, LA
    personal trainer, nuff said.
    I think unless you're totally clueless, a personal trainer now days is a waste. With an endless amount of resources on the internet, discussion boards, articles, magazines, etc. you could learn enough to teach most personal trainers a few things.

Jed

Bloody Foreigner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Clearwater Beach, FL
    I think unless you're totally clueless, a personal trainer now days is a waste. With an endless amount of resources on the internet, discussion boards, articles, magazines, etc. you could learn enough to teach most personal trainers a few things.

True...but a personal trainer provides the one thing not found on the internet and the one thing most people need.
    MOTIVATION.

uscg4good

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2010
    Houma, LA
    True. I agree there. I don't think it's motivation as much as it is accountability though. Because whether you HAVE to meet him/her there or not, doesn't mean you WANT to go.

The OP obviously has his motivation since he's asking for a NEW routine to change up his current.

OP....if you haven't been there already go check out bodybuilding.com and menshealth.com for about an hour, you could fill a binder with all the new muscle building workouts you've found.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom