I need some help with getting started

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2013
    Plaquemine ,la
    I am new to the shooting sport , I been around firearms my whole life hunting since I was three years old. I need some info or guidance where to or how to get started in the sport, I have a high powered rifle and pistol so ima open to anything I just need need some help . Anything would help me out thanks.

tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA
    You are in the right place! We are lucky enough here to have just about every kind of shooting sport available, and some really dedicated people running them. My suggestion is just to show up to an event that interests you and have fun. There will be shooters all over you to help you get started. Take a look at the Louisiana Shooting Association site www.louisianashooting.com. There is an event calendar there. while you are at it, you might consider joining. great group that helps defend our 2nd anmendment rights. You should look into the field precision matches - they are fun! I found out about High Power not long ago and have been having a blast. Feel free to pm me if I can gelp.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2013
    Plaquemine ,la
    Long range shooting

I need some help with how to get started and where, I have a fnar 308 and need to know rules on the completions and help with getting started
    Thanks for the help super excited to start shooting .

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    If you want to see what NRA Highpower/service rifle shooting is about, drive to Palo Alto in Donaldsonville this weekend for the Regional either Satruday or Sunday. THe AMU will be there, as will many members of the LSA that can give you info on getting started.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2013
    Plaquemine ,la
    I need the rules and regs

I need to get the rules and regs for long rang rifke shoot and the different classes . Thanks so much for all the help ima new and trying to figure out what type of scope to get and what class ill be in . I am going this weekend to the shot to check things out and also I want to get into Pali alto gun club , how hard is it and how long it take to get in thank y'all for all the help

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    The EAPS match is this weekend at the Acension Parish Range on St. Landry Rd. across the stree from Lamar Dixon. You are welcome to come out and watch or shoot, whichever you prefer. You can also go the "USPSA.ORG" web site. There you will find a video that will explain how we shoot and how we score matches. We also have a practice night in Baker at The Range on Jefferson St., starting time is 5:30 pm and last about 2 hours. It is a good way to learn how to handle a firearm and be safe with it. If you need more information you can contact me at Louisiana Gun @ 225-389-6077.

Thanks,

Bryan Guillory

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    First of all, you need to get that you don't have to post three different threads on the same topic. They are now merged into this one for our convenience. There is a search button mechanism built into the forum so you can find what you're looking for. I posted the link to the rules and regulations of the Field Precision Rifle competition that we hold once a month at Palo Alto. Along with two other squirrels, I am the director for that match as well as the NRA mid-range prone F-Class rifle match. The rules and course of fire can be found on here as well, but I would suggest visiting an FPR match first. That said, we do not shoot long range at Palo Alto. 600yds is considered mid-range.

Palo Alto has a website with an application that you can fill out and a number that you can call regarding membership. We are at our maximum membership of 300 and only take in new applicants once a year (April 1st). You may want to get in touch with them to see if there are any openings left for this year or not. You do not have to be a member to come shoot at the matches though.

http://www.paloaltogunclub.com/

Top Bottom