I need some new work boots

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    My last two pair have been these
    http://www.redwingshoes.com/results/4414
    And also have some TimberlandPro work shoes that I alternate with from time to time.
    I dont have any real complaints, I get about 1.5-2 years of wear out of them, I just wish they were a little more comfortable.

Ive tried Rocky Cordura slip-ons that I liked but would prefer a lace-up. Wolverines didnt last, DrMartins and Georgia boots are not comfortable to me.

I would like to try some Ariat boots but the damn things arent avaliable in the US or Canada!
    I want a 6" maybe 8" lace up, steel toe, brown leather or cordura, pull loop above the heal,tough and comfortable.
    Any suggestions?

NRA LIFE
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Moss Bluff
    I have tried Justin,Ariat,Redwing,Wolverine,Dr Martin,Lacrosse,Timberland,Rocky and maybe a few others and I have not found anything comfortable for standing 10 to 12 hours a day

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    I walk a lot during the day, sometimes in a dry field sometimes a wet ditch bank. Climbing on equipment and places I shouldnt be climbing. Also a LOT standing ,concrete and dirt, doing mechanic work.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    I'd been a Dr Martens fan since 15 - through landscaping, punk rock mosh pits, residential construction, machining, welding, metal fab, and desk jockey jobs. I've found them to be comfortable as all get out. I ran into a quandary recently when none of the stores around here seem to carry the kind I wanted (10" laced) so I took a leap to JUSTIN boots after hearing good about them, finding out they have the typical prideful warranty that most MADE IN AMERICA boots will have, especially coming from a highly reputed store a buddy of mine recommended. The Justin boots are comfortable, but the sole is quite stiff and is taking me a while to break in. I bought the waterproof ones for a little extra cushion on the sides.

So far, I would recommend either one, but those Docs with the "Airwalk sole" really are comfy. I wear them in all situations. I wore my 10" slip-on Docs to my grandfather's funeral and viewing (He's ex-Navy and was quite well known apparently) and I was standing all day long, at the funeral home, and then standing the entire time at Jefferson Barracks (limited seating, and I'm healthy, so no reason to sit) and my feet felt quite fine.

I'm not 100% BUY AMERICAN- though I lean that way. So long as it's made in a CIVILIZED country, with decent labor laws that doesn't exploit the labor class, I tend to be ok buying from them (UK/Germany/Canada seem common) but I'd rather keep things local when possible. If that's a concern of YOURS as well, Justin seem great - I've gone over them many times and the craftsmanship, assembly, materials - all seem top notch. If you're ok with UK boots - Docs are great too.

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    I wear Hytest steel toed just above the ankle boots at work and I work 12 Hr shifts plus the 40 minute ride to and from work in them. The ones I wear are ANSI approved and are extremely light-weight and to me very comfortable. I keep them for about a year at work and replace them BUT keep them and wear them around the house when doing weedeating, log splitting and stuff where I feel I need some protection. They last a long time. I've worn DMs and they are outstanding boots but seem twice as heavy as these Hytest boots. Had wolverines for a couple of years but the style I liked best for some reason we couldn't find (this was about 3 years ago). It was kind of between the DMs and the Hytests in terms of weight and comfort but so far I think I prefer the Hytest of the three brands I've been wearing for the last 12 or so years. Hope this helps some.

lsu fan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Metry
    My last two pair have been these
    http://www.redwingshoes.com/results/4414
    And also have some TimberlandPro work shoes that I alternate with from time to time.
    I dont have any real complaints, I get about 1.5-2 years of wear out of them, I just wish they were a little more comfortable.

Ive tried Rocky Cordura slip-ons that I liked but would prefer a lace-up. Wolverines didnt last, DrMartins and Georgia boots are not comfortable to me.

I would like to try some Ariat boots but the damn things arent avaliable in the US or Canada!
    I want a 6" maybe 8" lace up, steel toe, brown leather or cordura, pull loop above the heal,tough and comfortable.
    Any suggestions?

You should be able to find some ariat's around if you look hard enough. I like my Justin's too but they're not lace up. Good luck....

Red Dragons

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    There were one Ariat boot in particular that seemed to fit the bill, but they were not avaliable here.

Id like to try some Docs, or Danner but I still having trouble finding something with everything I want.
    I might go back with another pair of Red Wings like Ive been getting.

cornbread556

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Natchitoches Parish
    Lot of my friends are going to Twisted X boots for steel toed work boots. They seem very happy with them. Personally I've been wearing red wings the last 4 years. Just get them resoled every 8 months. Got three pairs of these one is four years old with it's 5th sole. http://www.redwingshoes.com/red-win...hoes/2231-red-wing-mens-11-inch-pull-on-brown The steps on my work truck eat the soles of boots, and these are the only ones that last more than a month.

Company Man

Teufel Hunden
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    Kentwood
    I have been walking on Doc Martin's up & down stairs on drilling rigs from the Middle East to Gulf Coast, would recommend them. If zipper is needed, have local shoe shop put "react" zippers in them for you. I don't think you will find a better pair that is slip resistant, durable and very comfortable. My current pair is going on 4 years and don't anticipate replacing them anytime soon.

Top Bottom