I-Phone 4 and e-mail issues???

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    Is something wrong with my phone? Is it a settings issue? Or is it something to do with eatel?

I have an I-Phone 4, I use my eatel account for receiving and sending e-mails, BUT outside of eatel (I can receive e-mails from most any server or e-mail media however I cannot send/reply to anyone outside of eatel), I cannot send or reply to e-mails!

Who should I contact for assistance?
    THANKS!

KT

davidd

Expert in the field of wife avoidance
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Under your account settings for that mailbox, you need to be sure that the "Outgoing Mail Server" is set to whatever SMTP server Eatel uses to send mail. For Cox, the server would be "smtp.east.cox.net". Check with Eatel first and make sure this setting is correct.

davidd

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I don't know about Eatel, but Cox has separate servers for incoming mail (pop.east.cox.net) and outgoing (smtp.east.cox.net). Are you sure that mail.eatel.net is their outgoing server, and not the incoming? Not to question your ability, but in the world of tech support, you really never know what to expect from the people you are trying to help. If you have already checked this, I apologize and am then out of obvious answers.

davidd

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Never mind, I looked it up on the web:

Incoming Mail Server
    •Host name: mail.eatel.net
    •User Name: [your username]@eatel.net
    •Password: [enter your password]

Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP)
    •Host Name: mail.eatel.net
    •User Name: [your username]@eatel.net
    •Password: [enter your password]

Next guess is, any chance you typed in your password wrong?

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    Again, thanks for the continued help, yes the password is correct as I stated I can send to eatel and I can receive from ANYONE regardless of the e-mail server/host, I just cannot send to anyone that is NOT with eatel.......?????

I am wondering is this an issue I should speak with eatel about or Apple?

SDRR, don't apologize for trying to help, I do understand aboput not knowing someones ability when you offer to help and trying not to insult......I am game for any and all assistance
    THANKS AGAIN!

davidd

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Some SMTP servers require you to authenticate (i.e. logon) before they will allow you to use them to send mail out. That keeps unidentified spammers from flooding the servers with spam email. If you have to logon, and you are spamming, they can easily find you. The fact that the Eatel server is taking your outbound emails destined for Eatel.net addresses, and not others, leads me to believe you should start with Eatel. Depending on who you get on the phone, someone should be able to check server logs or access records to see why they are rejecting your sent email. Now, getting that person on the phone is a whole other challenge...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom