I smell a rat

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    Well, it's the hoarding that's responsible. 10% of the ammo buyers are buying up 95% of the ammo. Some hoping to maybe resell later and make a killing, others, because they have alot of extra money, are buying it for the future, who knows. The local Academy spoting goods mgr. told me they sold many a case of ammo that he started finding for sale in some local pawn shops.

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    Well, it's the hoarding that's responsible. 10% of the ammo buyers are buying up 95% of the ammo. Some hoping to maybe resell later and make a killing, others, because they have alot of extra money, are buying it for the future, who knows. The local Academy spoting goods mgr. told me they sold many a case of ammo that he started finding for sale in some local pawn shops.

Yah, I can believe that, those rat bastards. Pawn shops prey on the downtrodden in society. I've seen it too many times--people go in and hock something worth $500 and say they need to borrow $100 on it and the pawnbrokers tell them they can only loan them $50 or $75 tops. Like they want to kick them when they are down.

WILDCATT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    MANNING SC
    shortage

not only are people buying but many mor people are buying guns that never owned one,and look at ther reloading manufacturers, they are way behind.
    its fine to say just increas production but the actality is they cant.there is so many lines and they cant just go to walmart and get a new machine line.
    and in my travels on the sites people are shooting much more.some are shooting 4/500 rds a day week end.and since china has begun manufacturing
    they are taking the raw materials.I predict is going to get worse rather than better.:( :rolleyes: :eek3:

smith625

REVOLVER DRIVER
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 12, 2008
    port vincent louisiana
    I almost choked to death while eating supper last night.

I was perusing the latest flyer from Cheaper Than Dirt, and this caught my eye: Federal American Eagle ball- that's plain vanilla, 9mm practice 115 FMJ ammunition, comparable to the WWB or UMC you find at Wally World- for $29.95 per box of 50.

That's beyond profiteering; that's insane.

Yeah about three months ago the cheaper than dirt catalogs i receive became oil dry, i do not even open them anymore.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    I think that the reasons have to do with the shrieking hysteria over the president's election. The right wing convinced themselves that he was going to seize all guns in America, and turn the nation into a communist dictatorship. The internet propaganda went into a blood frenzy and said that a catastrophe of End Of The World proportions was imminent. Well all the apostles of said propaganda ran out and started buying guns and ammo like it was well, going out of style, and prices shot up. In order to keep up with demand the manufacturers started producing ammo and firearms like wildfire.

The problem was that just as they ramped up production and priced peaked, the job market finally began to pay the price for our 30-year financial deregulation party, and people started to lose their jobs. People out of work means they were selling their guns and ammo to meet their mortgages, and others who would be buying from retailers were instead, like me, buying at basement prices from the unfortunates now out of work.

The result of all this is that the manufacturers and retailers are now left with surplus inventory, and they're trying to get rid of it any way they can and still make money. We are seeing that instability now with feasts and famines.

The irony is that the very people responsible for the manufacturers and retailers disaster are us, the gun lovers who drove them into this corner then abandoned them. Shouldn't have drunk that kool-aid if you ask me.

ofcmetz

Dark Lord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I think that the reasons have to do with the shrieking hysteria over the president's election. The right wing convinced themselves that he was going to seize all guns in America, and turn the nation into a communist dictatorship. The internet propaganda went into a blood frenzy and said that a catastrophe of End Of The World proportions was imminent. Well all the apostles of said propaganda ran out and started buying guns and ammo like it was well, going out of style, and prices shot up. In order to keep up with demand the manufacturers started producing ammo and firearms like wildfire.

The problem was that just as they ramped up production and priced peaked, the job market finally began to pay the price for our 30-year financial deregulation party, and people started to lose their jobs. People out of work means they were selling their guns and ammo to meet their mortgages, and others who would be buying from retailers were instead, like me, buying at basement prices from the unfortunates now out of work.

The result of all this is that the manufacturers and retailers are now left with surplus inventory, and they're trying to get rid of it any way they can and still make money. We are seeing that instability now with feasts and famines.

The irony is that the very people responsible for the manufacturers and retailers disaster are us, the gun lovers who drove them into this corner then abandoned them. Shouldn't have drunk that kool-aid if you ask me.

wtf? I'm confused. :(

Anyway, cheaper than dirt is anything but in my opinion. They sell ammo for more than anyone.

The supply appears to be picking up, just a matter of time before prices drop. The end to the ammo crisis is here. You heard it first from me.

Oh, and I do think Obama want to turn this country into a communist dic potato ship. :D

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    However, like you, I will never patronize them again. In fact, I think I'll call them and tell them to quit sending their rag to clutter up my mail box... and why.

Return it back to them. Mark it "Return to Sender. RECIEVER DOES NOT SUPPORT PROFITEERS!" They may get the message.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    Back three years ago I bought several kits from them - Romanian underfolders, Polish underfolders, and tantals. The prices were the best in town, and though everyone on the internet told me I was a fool for buying those crappy kits I got them for like $100 each, and I'm very happy I did.

Somewhere along the way though their prices shot through the roof, and I stopped buying from them. I haven't bought anything from them in at least a year, and I never will, becauseI don't even look at their product offerings anymore. If their prices come down I won't know, so I won't buy. They dug this grave for themselves, and I have no sympathy.

Top Bottom