I swear he said "Teflon tip"

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    This is how out of touch some of the gun grabbers are. Senator Richard Blumenthal (D - Connecticut), former CT Attorney General and part time adult Howdy Doody impersonator, said on Fox News Sunday:

"That's why I have proposed that we have background checks not only on firearms purchases, but also ammunition and prohibit the Teflon tip and incendiary bullets. I think the bullets, along with the firearms, are what we need to focus on."

I don't know what gun shows he doesn't go to but I have never seen nor heard of Teflon tipped ammo being available. The same for incendiary ammo. In case you were wondering "Teflon tipped" is from a 1982 (30+ years) myth that Teflon tipped bullets could penetrate bullet proof vests. Yeah, they don't.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teflon-coated_bullet#Controversy

2218973272_a2e45a21c4.jpg

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    The Teflon coated ammunition in its day was almost as popular as the Black Talons in its day. Both Hype.

MyTFAL

"It's no big deal,...."
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Abita Springs
    I suppose tracers could be construed as "Incendiary" .............but still.....stupidity at it's finest, let him site one example of either of those being used in any kind of crime in the last 5 years.

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    I suppose tracers could be construed as "Incendiary" .............but still.....stupidity at it's finest, let him site one example of either of those being used in any kind of crime in the last 5 years.

Incendiary ammo is available.. I've seen it offered on occasion... Different than tracer ammo. I saw that interview Sunday morning.. What's sad is millions of viewers watching think he knows what he's talking about..

Last edited:

lsufan1971

Rating - 100%
    121   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    Zachary,La
    I have some old incendiary 308 rounds. I think it has a red tip.
    These guys don't know what there talking about half of the time. I was listening to Ed Shultz earlier and he had a guy on that said AL Qaeda comes to US gun shows to buy assault weapons because they don't have to go through background checks. :doh:

Top Bottom