I thought this couldn't happen?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    West Seattle beating probed as possible hate crime
    By Jennifer Sullivan
    Seattle Times staff reporter

Seattle police are investigating whether a 15-year-old boy who was severely beaten in West Seattle last week was the victim of a hate crime.

The boy's father, Tim McClelland, told KING-TV his son was attacked because he is white.

A detective assigned to investigate possible hate crimes is looking into the attack, which happened around 2 a.m. Tuesday, according to police spokesman Mark Jamieson.

Once the suspects are arrested, it will be up to King County prosecutors to decide whether they could face charges of malicious harassment, the state's hate-crime statute.

Police say the teenager, identified by his father as Shane McClellan, was walking home around 2 a.m. Tuesday when he got into a fight with two other youths. It's unclear who started the fight, but McClellan was beaten unconscious, Jamieson said Sunday.

Tim McClellan told KING-TV the two youths first asked his son for a lighter then struck him repeatedly. He said his son was threatened with a gun and beaten with a belt and his neck was burned with cigarettes.

Police said the two youths called Shane McClellan by racial slurs. He told police that one of the attackers was black and the other was Asian or Pacific Islander, Jamieson said.

"When they were beating him with the belt [they said] that they hated white people, and that's what the whipping was for," McClellan told KING-TV.

McClellan's family told police the teen was beaten and tortured for nearly four hours, Jamieson said.

The teen told police he awoke on the street alone after the assault around 6 a.m. and flagged down a passer-by, who called 911. Police talked to the teen around 7 a.m.

Shane McClellan is recovering from the attack at home, KING-TV reports.

The state's malicious-harassment law makes it a felony to threaten, damage the property of, or physically injure someone because of ethnicity, nationality, religion, gender, disability or sexual orientation.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    "The state's malicious-harassment law makes it a felony to threaten, damage the property of, or physically injure someone because of ethnicity, nationality, religion, gender, disability or sexual orientation."

That's got to be one of the most pointless laws on the books.
    I may be just a garden-variety dumbass, but wouldn't all that be illegal already???:rofl:

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Where was this going on for four hours without somebody calling the cops? That goes beyond "no snitchin'". Especially during sleeping hours on a weekday. I don't care where you are, somebody's calling the cops. I wonder if the perps were high because I don't see how they could keep up the anger and energy for a four hour beat down. At what point did he go unconscious I guess? Attacked at two and woke up at six doesn't necessarily mean it went on for four hours.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    This would never have happened if the 15 year old boy wasn't out walking the streets at 2 AM. wtf?

Yeah, no kidding. I don't care if we're talking about people who live in the CCLA, there's no way in hell a 15 yr old should be walking the streets at that hour....:confused:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    When I'm delivering papers in the middle of the night you see kids all over the damn place.

That's a damn shame....But, it's just more proof (like we need any more) that idiot parents usually raise more idiots....

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    That's a damn shame....But, it's just more proof (like we need any more) that idiot parents usually raise more idiots....

The woman that delivers up in Watson has problems with them. Like Easterly Lakes she has hell with them around there. She'll stop and tell them to go home and they they screw with her papers.
    I told her to keep her mouth shut or she would have paper problems.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    If we build basket ball goals every where the kids will go there and ............oh, wait, thats been played ain't it ??

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    While I find the concept of "hate crime" ridiculous no matter the circumstances of the CRIME there is one other incident in which a Black person was hit with a hate crime in Michigan about three years ago.

The idea of "Hate Crime" is anathema to the concepts of Liberty as we all have equal protection under the law. In my opinion it empowers The Elite at the expense of everyday Americans and it's being used as a battering ram against Whites to provoke more racial division.

Top Bottom