I took a big swig of Kool-Aide today!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La

Set up my first press. I want a Dillon but this will do for now. We have all our familes coming in town this summer and alot of airline tickets to buy for them. So the Dillon has to wait til the fall.

Leadslugga

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge,LA
    It is always good to have a single stage press around. I've done all my loading for several years on a single stage, and it isn't that bad. I want a dillon too, but until I finally finish school I won't be able to afford the press or the amount of shooting that press will allow me to do.

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    How sturdy is your bench? A little bit of wobble isn't too bad with a single stage press. If and when you go progressive, you'll want a rock-solid bench to mount it to.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    How sturdy is your bench? A little bit of wobble isn't too bad with a single stage press. If and when you go progressive, you'll want a rock-solid bench to mount it to.

My wife that lil table will work til Father's Day. I even thought about building my own. My dad and I built one from scrap wood at our old house and that stayed with the house. The house could blow down and that bench will still be there.

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    My wife that lil table will work til Father's Day. I even thought about building my own. My dad and I built one from scrap wood at our old house and that stayed with the house. The house could blow down and that bench will still be there.

So you do understand what I'm talking about? Kool Beans!!!

tupperware9mm

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Lafayette, LA
    Well I always wanted a Dillon myself. I got hurt at work and have been on workers comp, a pittance compared to what I was making and could not afford the blue stuff, so got a Lee pro 1000. That said I have made thousands of rounds of 9mm and have never had a FTF,FTE,or Kaboom. Reloading is a real enjoyable hobby, have a good time, get better ammo at a fraction of the price. My 9 cost me 12 cents a round.

Twoball

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2008
    Hammond
    you may find that that you'll have to "tinker" on your Lee every now and then to keep it running 100 % ....(changing the auto index plastic gear, etc ) but I have 4 Pro 1000'a and one single stage something like your and once you get the feel for the Lee machines ...you may never dream of Blue again ...

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    I made my first 50 rounds this afternoon. I want to make more but I am going to test these tomorrow.

you may find that that you'll have to "tinker" on your Lee every now and then to keep it running 100 % ....(changing the auto index plastic gear, etc ) but I have 4 Pro 1000'a and one single stage something like your and once you get the feel for the Lee machines ...you may never dream of Blue again ...

The guy I bought the press from was nice enough to order extra plastic pieces parts and include them for me.

Top Bottom