I voted Yes on #2

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Did you vote..

• Yes on #2

Votes: 145 99.3%
    • No on #2

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

sawgrass

Hunka Hunka burning lead.
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Hammond
    I have it on good authority that the single "NO" vote was a result of negligent discharge. Just don't ask me how I know. Something to do with lack of coffee. The poll results as of this post should be 100% YES. Thanks B.Sers. That is all.

Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    As the starter of the thread I can see who voted. Emperor is the only vote "No" so far. :D

shenanigans.jpg

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    You guys are questioning my commitment??
    Yeson2002.jpg

Yeson2003.jpg

And I threw this one on the public owned median for good measure! Yeah, that's right on YOUR property too! Not just mine!
    Yeson2004.jpg

After closer examination, I see that ALL of my signs are outside of the sidewalk! Which means I am ALL IN, as a TOTAL Douche! :mamoru:

Last edited:

MilOperator

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Metairie, LA.
    That's not supposed to be the reason for this! However, if you challenge the law; and you win on getting it overturned; kudos to you!

I know that's not the reason for this particular vote but with the verbage now removed pertaining to concealed carry wouldn't that be the next logical step? I mean if this new amendment passes and it clearly states that we have the right to keep (own) and bear (carry) arms (with all verbage pertaining to concealment removed) and that is not to be infringed without the strictest scrutiny then why wouldn't our "rights" trump a "law" that infringes on our "rights?" I guess what I saying is why should we need a permit when we have the right anyway? The right trumps the need for a permit. If that is not the case then the constitution is worthless. I have to stick with Ted Nugent on this and say: "the 2nd amendment IS my concealed carry permit."

And from a quick search it looks like I am not the only one thinking along these lines:

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...arry-quot-to-be-decided-by-voters-in-November

http://uptownmessenger.com/2012/06/owen-courreges-louisiana-should-give-concealed-carry-a-shot/

The current law currently reads:

§11. Right to Keep and Bear Arms
    Section 11. The right of each citizen to keep and bear arms shall not be abridged, but this provision shall not prevent the passage of laws to prohibit the carrying of weapons concealed on the person.

SB 303 would change it to:

§11. Right to Acquire, Keep, Possess, Transport, Carry, Transfer, and Bear Arms
    Section 11. The right of each citizen to acquire, keep, possess, transport, carry, transfer, and use arms for defense of life and liberty, and for all other legitimate purposes is fundamental and shall not be denied or infringed, and any restriction shall be subject to strict scrutiny.

We need to organize a petition here at Bayou Shooter as soon as SB303 is signed into law and take our rights back!

Last edited:

Grim333

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    Madisonvile, La.
    There was a lot of confusion about Amendment 2, so I'm not feeling very good about its chances. I talked to a lot of people who planned to vote against it. Reasons like "I don't see what this really changes so why amend the constitution" and "I don't want to lose my right to concealed carry." Everybody I talked to were pro-gun ownership but were very uninformed and didn't seem to understand the intent.

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    There was a lot of confusion about Amendment 2, so I'm not feeling very good about its chances. I talked to a lot of people who planned to vote against it. Reasons like "I don't see what this really changes so why amend the constitution" and "I don't want to lose my right to concealed carry." Everybody I talked to were pro-gun ownership but were very uninformed and didn't seem to understand the intent.
    I was running into alot of the same. Seemed like alot more against then for until I explained the details. Hopefully passes but I don't think this will be a no brainer home run like most of us would think it would be.

Grim333

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    Madisonvile, La.
    I was running into alot of the same. Seemed like alot more against then for until I explained the details. Hopefully passes but I don't think this will be a no brainer home run like most of us would think it would be.
    Hey, we're BSers, so we have an advantage.:) No way we were gonna walk in there without the straight dope. A lot of those folks only know what they heard on WWL (a load of nonsense from Tommy Tucker and others) and some didn't even read the amendments before they got in line to vote.

One of my friends from work voted "no", but said he wished he had talked to me before voting.

Top Bottom