I want another c&r

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmw169

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    K98 if you dont have one already..Be careful u will want more. Enfield second, I think it is the best looking rifle especiall the No.1 mark3.

GBob01

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2007
    the northshore
    I love my Enfields, but you can't go wrong with a Yugo 24/47 or M48 either. K31 ammo is more expensive than any of the other surplus still.

diat150

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 27, 2008
    opelousas
    Umm, M1 Garand, M1 Carbine, 1903 Springfield, and 1917 Enfield. You need some American C&R

well, the american guns are much more expensive. I kind of wanted to stay under 300.

Im leaning towards the k31. from what I hear the k31 is the most accurate out of the bunch and has the best trigger.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    well, the american guns are much more expensive. I kind of wanted to stay under 300.

Im leaning towards the k31. from what I hear the k31 is the most accurate out of the bunch and has the best trigger.
    Most of them that I have seen have been well maintained . The wood might need to be refinished if you care to . The metal on mine was awesome . I sanded and refinished the stock . They are reasonably priced but getting harder to find .

diat150

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 27, 2008
    opelousas
    I believe I am going with the k31, now beech wood stock:

K31.jpg

or walnut tiger stripe

K31W.jpg

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I like the walnut.

BTW, I like my enfield's trigger, but the action is smooth as glass! I've got a russian M44 which is more accurate, but I still like my enfield. I've shot but never owned a mauser. One of these days...

sgt z

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Hammond, LA
    Mr. Willson do you know where any of the Israel k98 are? Ones I have seen advertised are rough or "you fix em". I would stick with regular German 8mm for a shooter. I want one if it has both the Star of David and the swastika.

diat150 +1 on the Finnish M39, Swede 6.5X55 (both are close to your$ limit), Mosin Nagant 91/30, SKS, Guess the ammo cost advantage to some doesn't exist any longer, although the 7.62X54r is not too pricy.

Raguel3

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Have the m44 and 91/30 Mosin, fun,but the straight bolt can be annoying sometimes,and once in while you get one of the "burred" chamber models that stick after the shot(also shy away from the silvertip laquered rounds-they combine on the sticky chamber)...the k31,super accurate but as was stated-ammo is high$ , the butt tag is interesting tho,cool to know who owned it long ago.
    Lee Enfield mk4 , wow, smooth as can be,accurate,and just a joy to shoot.

Top Bottom