I wonder how The Home Depot feels about The Pledge of Allegiance?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Interesting article. Most of you know how I feel about this- IMHO it is an example of out-of-control political correctness that is ruining this country. I wonder if T.H.D. would handle this differently if this employee were not a Christian White Male, but rather a Muslim female who wears a head scarf- also an open display of religious beliefs?
    Is their official company policy anti-God, anti-love of country, or both?
    This country is going to the dogs because of crap like this...:mad::mad::mad:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_god_button_home_depot

BSGA

BSGA
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Southwest,Louisiana
    I quit shopping at T.H.D. a couple of years ago when I discovered that they contributed regularly to the Brady Bunch, and some of the most left leaning political campaigns around. IIRC, they even donated money for drives for buyback programs. I'd rather spend my money elsewhere. To each his own though.

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Gonzales
    As a contractor I do alot of business with them, I must continue to support their free rights to operate the way they want and keep my money with in god we trust and my flag from their business!!!

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I don't think he has a case . If it's a blanket policy , and is enforced fairly , across the board , he's toast . HOWEVER , if he wants to retain a high profile attorney and turn it into a real big deal , with lot's of media coverage , etc. , he might win some kind of settlement .

Snookie

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    May 24, 2009
    Lizzard Creek/ Springfield,La.
    Forgot that MOM & POP is how we started?

I also AVOID Home Depot as well as Lowes. Try to buy from local owned businesses period. (Grocery Store, Drug Store, Hardware, Gun Shop ,Pawn Shop Florist etc,)

Remember the places that give a crap about service?

The place where you actually had someone to come up and ask you if you need help?

I remember when Home Depot in Denham Springs, La first opened everytime you stopped someone would run us your a$$ trying to help you. 6 months later you could steal half the small items in the store and no one would notice.
    Customer service at both Lowes and Home Depot suck. As well as most Big Box Stores

Call me old school however; service means something to me.
    Time to me is money, genuine concern and respect for customers I seldom if ever find in any of todays big box stores, Hell if I could fine someone working at the big box stores to get off the phone and simply listened to me and not make me feel I bothered them by asking a question I'd be thrilled!:D

And direct eye contact while trying to explain your question to the employee, hum I think I would have an organism on the spot!

Oh well MOM & POP I support ya!

crawfish

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    south of 90
    As much as I'd like to see this guy keep his job and wear his pin, I can somewhat agree with these stores policies, such as when I went out to eat last year and my waitress had an Obama pin on.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    My wife is a manager for home depot and has all kind of crap on her apron, and I'm pretty sure she has that same button, so I would have to say there is more to the story than just he simply got fired over bible thumping.

Pacioli

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    The issue seems to be timing. The employee claims to have worn the pin for a year without incident. If the pin was the problem, the time for the store to enforce the policy was a year back when he started wearing it.

It looks like the pin became a problem after the employee started reading his bible at lunch. The appearance is that the pin is a cover story for the store to eliminate an employee who began exhibiting overtly religous behavour.

That's a lot shakier ground for the store. They appear to be enforcing their policy in a capricious and targeted manner. That's lawyer bait.

Top Bottom