ID of Rifle from JP Buyback Program

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Golden-Eagle

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Mandeville
    Did anyone else see the rifle Newell Norman was inspecting from the Jefferson Parish Buyback Program? Please help identify it? That's not an Enfield is it?

Last edited:

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Yeah, I need to dvr it when they rerun the news. I would swear I saw a SVT-40 on the table too. Normand took a BIG gulp when he said ALL weapons that came back clean would be destroyed. (Uh, yeah, right. :rolleyes:) The wife said that is a textbook indicator of a lie.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    If anyone sees one of these advertised, please post here on Bayoushooter. I want to make sure none of these gorgeous old C&R guns gets destroyed by some WW II vet's great-granddaughter looking for $100.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    <horrified...>

Like my grandmother years ago having a neighbor disable my dad's .22 Stevens? She still wanted to be rid of it. I gave it a good home... took me a long time to find a replacement cocking knob that the neighbor took off and threw away- he thought it was the firing pin! If there had been gun buyback programs back then that gun would have been gone.

baboonie

Now THAT'S a gunsight!
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Arizona
    <horrified...>

Like my grandmother years ago having a neighbor disable my dad's .22 Stevens? She still wanted to be rid of it. I gave it a good home... took me a long time to find a replacement cocking knob that the neighbor took off and threw away- he thought it was the firing pin! If there had been gun buyback programs back then that gun would have been gone.

I got one for you then! Went off to boot years ago and asked my mom to store my Remington Model 12 in the house. I put it in the closet in her spare bedroom with instructions to NOT move it and I would get it when I could. Well...four years later I come home on leave and am HORRIFIED to find out that pretty much as soon as I left she moved it out to the garage. Mind you, this is the Pacific Northwest where the humidity rivals the south (just a whole lot colder!). Yeah...had to have the barrel relined and the whole thing re-blued. It lost a lot of value, but it's still a good looking shooter than I can hand down to my son some day...

bayoupirate

God of Thunder
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Raceland, Louisiana
    Yeah, I need to dvr it when they rerun the news. I would swear I saw a SVT-40 on the table too. Normand took a BIG gulp when he said ALL weapons that came back clean would be destroyed. (Uh, yeah, right. :rolleyes:) The wife said that is a textbook indicator of a lie.

I sure hope it would be a lie.

That is the same as destroying cars that are taken from drug dealers instead of selling them.

I realize that some of the guns or crap, but surely there are some that have value.
    Fiscally irresponsibile to destroy something of value.

Wouldn't selling the guns legally and putting them in the hands of responsible citizens, using the federal process, be more beneficial.

It's all a publicity/ feel good stunt for politician and ignorant people who haven't wrapped thier heads around the idea that " People are the Problem" and removing them from the streets will create a more safe community not gun buy backs.

THat is all

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna

That is the same as destroying cars that are taken from drug dealers instead of selling them.

I realize that some of the guns or crap, but surely there are some that have value.

Wouldn't selling the guns legally and putting them in the hands of responsible citizens, using the federal process, be more beneficial.

It's all a publicity/ feel good stunt for politician and ignorant people who haven't wrapped thier heads around the idea that " People are the Problem" and removing them from the streets will create a more safe community not gun buy backs.

THat is all
    I think we all realize that anything of value will find it's way to it's proper new owner.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish

THat is all

I'm pretty sure all the guns turned in CAME from responsible citizens. Selling them back to responsible citizens would be a bit illegal :)

Top Bottom