Idiot Wal-Mart Employee

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I can't recall if it's monthy or quarterly, but wal-mart sends a notification to all management to read the firearms policy and gives the number to a firearm compliance hotline to call if you are unsure of or don't understand the local laws. It was unforutnate Jalan did not read/remember or care about the policy.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I believe the last Walmart OC incident was due to the LEO not knowing the law. The one before that it was appropriately handled by blading at 45* with an unloaded firearm...

dirty_sanchez

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    I've never had an issue while open carrying in any Walmart in LA.

I Open Carry all over the state and have never had a negative encounter, or have been asked to leave an place of business.

Their Corporate says that they support and abide by local laws when it comes to CC and even Open Carry.

Be aware though that if another customer complains to Store management, you may be approached by Store Management. Store management might ask you to leave because of an open carried firearm. If they do ask you to leave and you refuse, you will face trespass charges.

A quick search of "walmart open carry policy" at www.opencarry.org will give you more information than you care to read.

In short, if a customer is legally carrying a firearm in the manner you see fit Walmart Corporate supports the customer, BUT it's ultimately up to the store manager.

Dirty

Witiku

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2006
    I'm just curious as to why you thought it necessary to call prior to OCing at WM in Louisiana?

It's legal, NO? Why call ahead?

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    OC="shoot me first carry."

Or, "a desperate cry for attention."

Or, "look how cool I am."

I can go on for days. Do what you want, but just remember, just because you can, doesn't mean you should, all the time.

JR1572

Witiku

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2006
    Because I had a feeling about how these people would react and more or less needed the confirmation of what I already knew, these folks have no clue and would call 911 in a heartbeat. I didn't feel like going through the hastle today. NASCAR comes on in a little while and I didn't want to miss the race. LOL I was really hoping to get an Okay and then being able to tell the employees to contact so and so who gave me the okay. Didn't happen that way though.

I respect the honesty and thoroughness of your reasoning. But, I think you should not OC, Yet. That is, off your property, in urban areas etc.

ICYDN. A big part of all firearm carry is deescalation and confrontation avoidance. By even thinking of calling WM, doing it, and mentioning that you 'hung up' on someone in conversation after not getting the response you liked... well there is a Wassup in there somewhere. Speaks of needing to get to the next level.

But trust me I'm not c%^pping on ya, I'm jealous, I'll trade a few years experience for your energy any day. ;)

Anyhoo, save yourself allot of 'hastle' and wait on the CCW, then go about your shopping in peace without being the center of attention. Think Stealth.
    JMHO with limited info,
    Best.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Why not? CC/OC, the outcome is the same if you get seen at a business like this. If the employees are not up to speed on their own policies, then that makes them a danger to the business and it's customers. I'm not big on OC. Just exploring the idea. I know that CC is the way to go and the way that I plan to go. My big issue is a store that sells guns having no clue on what the policy on guns is or over reacting to a customer that walks through the doors with one. Having a document in hand will accomplish two things....it will show the employee that you are better informed about his job than he is and maybe teach him that he needs to get up to speed on his company. It will also look pretty ignorant on the store's part if they call the cops and you produce an e-mail from Wal-Mart authorizing what they say isn't authorized. Might even make the cops think twice about how to handle future calls.

:confused::confused:
    When did Walmart start selling guns again?

lamuskrat

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    French Settlement, La
    Sometimes it is better to keep your mouth shut and wait for a response. I open carry in Walmart and other places all the time. If they want you to remove it, all they have to do is ask. Just saying sometimes we "encourage" drama by broadcasting or making parties aware of our OC'ing. Also some of the employees that work there have the intelligence of a burned out light bulb.

I'm curious as to why I see so many here in this forum / website so opposed to OC?

I am proud that I open carry, but then it really comes down to attitude, proper conduct and bearing, and looking like a marine or cop helps, as to why I never get hassled.

Last edited:

Duck Jenkins

Lone Wolf
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    NO/LA Area
    This sounds like drama you brought on yourself. OCing is too much drama. I mind my own business, and go about my business. That is just my thoughts.

Oh, and the only thing funny here is that you expected wal-mart to an "OC" expert as a manager.

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    :confused::confused:
    When did Walmart start selling guns again?
    Wally World never stopped selling firearms, but they have greatly decreased the amount of stores that sell firearms; they are few and far between.
    They defiantly don't sell @ Wal-Marts in "urban" areas.

:)

Top Bottom