Idiotic California politicians

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • molonlabe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Baton Rouge, La
    LA Times Quote of the day - priceless

Quote of the day by Dianne Feinstein........

Dianne Feinstein: "All vets are mentally ill in some way and government should prevent them from owning firearms."

Yep, - she really said it on Thursday in a meeting in front of the Senate Judiciary Committee... and the quote below from the LA Times is priceless. Sometimes even the L.A. Times gets it right.

Kurt Nimmo: "Senator Feinstein insults all U.S. Veterans as she flays about in a vain attempt to save her anti-firearms bill."

Quote of the Day from the Los Angeles Times:

"Frankly, I don't know what it is about California, but we seem to have a strange urge to elect really obnoxious women to high office. I'm not bragging, you understand, but no other state, including Maine, even comes close. When it comes to sending left-wing dingbats to Washington, we're Number One. There's no getting around the fact that the last time anyone saw the likes of Barbara Boxer, Dianne Feinstein, Maxine Waters, and Nancy Pelosi, they were stirring a cauldron when the curtain went up on 'Macbeth'. The four of them are like jackasses who happen to possess the gift of blab. You don't know if you should condemn them for their stupidity or simply marvel at their ability to form words."

Columnist Burt Prelutsky,
    Los Angeles Times

Be sure to forward this to all of the "mentally ill" vets you know.

Especially the ones with guns...

*repost

** snopes: http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/feinstein.asp

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Unfortunately, the idiots that vote these idiots in, believe what they say!

If she said that, she should be removed from that committee. You cannot display a more blatant example of demagoguery!

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    I don't get it.

I am as revulsed as the next person by those maroons, but the source citation refutes the Pelosi quote as false. That's not what she said.

Regardless, I love the editorial quote. Do you have a citation validating that as a true quote? That would be encouraging to see in a west coast rag.

bipolarbear

SevenGun
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    NOLA
    As much as I dislike Finestein, I do believe it hurts the cause to spread stuff like this. The snopes link at the bottom says the quotes are so spun so much that they constitute lies.

saying its a direct quote from Feinstein and even going so far as to use quotation marks is disingenuous. Every time we use this kind of tactic, we loose ground in our ability to persuade reasonable people to our side of the argument. Those people who eat this stuff up are already on our side, so we gain nothing. Reasonable people who were on the fence, after reading this, would count this as a win for the Gun Control side with a comment like "those gun nuts just lie and cant be trusted".

I agree that Feinstein is an idiot. In my opinion, Feinstein thinks only her and her bodyguards should be armed, and no one but her deserves to be protected. Im sure everyone on this board understands that Americans have the right and obligation of protecting themselves and their families from anyone intent on doing them harm. But let put up a clean argument so we can win over the reasonable people who sit on the fence.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    As much as I dislike Finestein, I do believe it hurts the cause to spread stuff like this. The snopes link at the bottom says the quotes are so spun so much that they constitute lies.

saying its a direct quote from Feinstein and even going so far as to use quotation marks is disingenuous. Every time we use this kind of tactic, we loose ground in our ability to persuade reasonable people to our side of the argument. Those people who eat this stuff up are already on our side, so we gain nothing. Reasonable people who were on the fence, after reading this, would count this as a win for the Gun Control side with a comment like "those gun nuts just lie and cant be trusted".

I agree that Feinstein is an idiot. In my opinion, Feinstein thinks only her and her bodyguards should be armed, and no one but her deserves to be protected. Im sure everyone on this board understands that Americans have the right and obligation of protecting themselves and their families from anyone intent on doing them harm. But let put up a clean argument so we can win over the reasonable people who sit on the fence.

Nothing that she does is reasonable.

molonlabe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Baton Rouge, La
    I don't get it.

I am as revulsed as the next person by those maroons, but the source citation refutes the Pelosi quote as false. That's not what she said.

Regardless, I love the editorial quote. Do you have a citation validating that as a true quote? That would be encouraging to see in a west coast rag.

It caught my attention too, but at the very last moment I decided to check the snopes and it seems like she never actually said it. But she did imply it. As for the editorial quote, apparently it comes from a 2009 article: http://www.burtprelutsky.com/2009/12/new-and-improved-iron-curtain.html

oscar615

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    SE LA
    Snopes is bought and paid for. They don't always tell the truth and can't be trusted because of it. Google it and research snopes for yourself. I don't know if Feinstein said it or not. But it would not surprise me. It does sound like her.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

ddeacon1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Slidell, LA
    In case you were not aware, Feinstein was the mayor of San Francisco before the senate. That alone might explain some things.

molonlabe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Baton Rouge, La
    We often blame politicians for what they do... The thing is that these politicians are put in power by those who vote for them. That's a scary fact right there....

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    It caught my attention too, but at the very last moment I decided to check the snopes and it seems like she never actually said it. But she did imply it. As for the editorial quote, apparently it comes from a 2009 article: http://www.burtprelutsky.com/2009/12/new-and-improved-iron-curtain.html

Thanks for the link.

I love the Macbeth reference. But that column is dated 2009. 4 years before the supposed Pelosi quote in 2013.

An articulate insult, nonetheless. :)

molonlabe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Baton Rouge, La
    This was by far the best ending I could ever expect:

The three of them are like jackasses who happen to possess the gift of speech. You don’t know if you should condemn them for their stupidity or simply marvel at their ability to form words.

a+

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    She didn't say those exact words, but she doesn't deserve my sympathy.

We know what she really is, and we know she'd love to neuter each and every one of us as gun owners. She can spend eternity in Hades, and KMA on her way there.

But I won't judge her. :)

Top Bottom