IDPA Club Starting

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ump65

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2011
    Port Allen, LA
    A new IDPA club is forming (South Louisiana IDPA). We are in the beginning stages of club formation and is looking for interested shooters to come out and have a safe, fun time. Matches will be held at Southern Shooting Center in Thibodaux. Currently scheduled match dates are: Saturday, March 15th, Saturday, April 26th, and Saturday may 21st. Please feel free to message me with your email address and I can forward you more information.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    More info please gear, guns, how many rds in mags, how many rds per stage, how many stages, what time is it gonna start, is it gonna be an idpa event or just follow along the idpa structure?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dmiculek

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 1, 2006
    Gramercy
    More info please gear, guns, how many rds in mags, how many rds per stage, how many stages, what time is it gonna start, is it gonna be an idpa event or just follow along the idpa structure?
    Thanks

From the e-mail I received from the original post, It supposed to be an offical IDPA match. Visit the IDPA website for Rules etc.

cagle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Prairieville
    -Gear- Gun, 3 mags, holster, and mag holster, 100rnd of ammo
    -Guns- What is legal in the IDPA classes (no race guns, compensators, ported barrels, electronic sights, ect...)
    -Rnds in mag - Division Capacity : SSP 10 rounds, ESP 10 rounds, CDP 8 rounds, SSR ESR 6 rounds. In SSP, ESP, and CDP, the shooter will also start with one round in the chamber, unless the CoF description requires otherwise
    -Stages: 6
    -Registration at 9am Shooter safety briefing at 10am with hammer down at 10:30am
    -if you want to help set up be there at 8 any and all help is greatly appreciated.
    -Official IDPA match

If anything changes I'll post the changes ASAP.

Thanks

Last edited:

mikepizz

LA CHP INSTRUCTOR # 308
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Maurepas, LA
    Can you post the stage designs. I'm interested to see how you use your props. Also will you be building your own props?

Last edited:

Ump65

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2011
    Port Allen, LA
    The first couple of matches will be very basic stages as we are in the process of gathering/building props. Keeping in mind we are trying to start the club from the ground up, funds are tight until we get up and running. The MD is John Piper. I, somehow, have gotten the tag of club president (not sure how that happened). We are asking shooters to show up with 100 rounds of ammo, but they will definately go home with rounds in their pockes. We are taking these first few shoots as an interest gathering event. If the interest is there, things should move rather quickly and we will be an the club will grow.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Do they have a division that allows the shooter to fill mags to capacity and use a red dot?

Top Bottom