IDPA in Houma

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    I haven't started on the details yet. Im hoping for a week night at the Terrebone Sheriff's Range. I just wanted to see if we had enough interest. Next question who knows how to get sanctioned by IDPA?

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    I will work on getting a range and a date. Who wants to come run a classifier for us poor ignorrant folks down the bayou? Im sure somewhere on this board we have an IDPA super star.

sraiford

Pro Castle Law
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2009
    Baton Rouge and Mobile
    Well I'm not a super star, but I've been shooting IDPA for 3 years. There are alot of different Divisions and Classifications. I shoot SSP (Master), ESP (Expert), and getting ready to try my hand at SSR.

So far this year, I've shot the Louisiana State, Alabama State, this weekend the Texas State Championship, and in October the Georgia State Championship.

As far as setting up as a club you'll need to get in touch with the Area Coordinator. Michael ( Iron Mike ) Webb
    Work: 210-317-9554
    Mobile: 210-317-9554
    Area: TX, LA, NM
    (This info is public knowledge on the IDPA website, I'm not posting his info without his knowledge)

The classifier is fairly simple to run, BUT you must have an IDPA Safety Officer. There is alot to setting up a club, but I think it would be worth it for the area. Currently the closest IDPA club is Beaumont, TX.

http://www.idpa.com

Top Bottom