IDPA in South Louisiana

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ump65

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2011
    Port Allen, LA
    Some co-workers and I are interested in getting into shooting IDPA. From looking at the IDPA website, there in only one IDPA sanctioned club in Louisiana and that is the one north of Shreveport. Does anyone know of a club in the Baton Rouge or south Louisiana area that shoots only IDPA?

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    Add to what Steve said, if you aren't hung up on a IDPA match and want something a bit closer to home I highly recommend the USPSA matches in Gonzales. I've gone several times and loved every single time. The EAPS guys host first rate matches that are family friendly and great for both the Non-USPSA member, newer shooter like me on up to the top level guys who compete all over. Seriously, give them a try if for no other reason than for the extra trigger time.

Ump65

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2011
    Port Allen, LA
    Thanks for all of the great information. We do want to stick with IDPA and are planning on giving Amite a try. Thanks again. It is greatly appreciated.

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    As has been said -- the "IDPA" matches in Amite use IDPA targets, use the IDPA scoring system, and (at least the last times I shot there) use a hybrid / combination of IDPA & USPSA rules. Great venue & good people.

Top Bottom