IDPA match at the Tangipahoa Sheriff's Range in Amite, LA

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Golden Dragon

Stay Alert.... Stay Alive
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    171   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Mandeville
    It its almost time. Saturday October 6th will be our first match since May and all the unholy hot weather. We will have six stages like usual and are looking forward to some fun. Anyone who wants to
    learn about IDPA can to to www.idpa.com and look up the divisions and rules. We normally require
    a cover garment but if it is really hot this will be over looked. We will start shooting at 9:00 AM and should finish about 1:00 PM. If you have any questions you can call me at 985-345-7357 or e-mail me at jimwdavis@hotmail.com. By the way IDPA means International Defensive Pistol Association and not I Don't Practice Anymore.

Jim Davis

IDPA match at the Tangipahoa Sheriff's Range in Amite, LA

IPSC style match that holds (IDPA) matches first Saturday of every month at the Tangipahoa Sheriff's Range in Amite, La.

Info here http://www.tpsclub.org/

Last edited:

Golden Dragon

Stay Alert.... Stay Alive
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    171   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Mandeville
    Not for Oct. we are going to KY for a 3 Gun Match BRM3G, going to be tied up for that.
    Maybe for Nov. if we can work it out.

G.D.

dmiculek

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 1, 2006
    Gramercy
    Spectators welcome.

Why not bring your handgun? This is a great match format to get started in. Competition wise this match is as laid back as it gets, but safety rules are strictly enforced. All you need equipment wise is a serviceable handgun in 9mm or larger caliber, 150 rds of ammo.
    A holster that covers the trigger guard and a method to carry 2 extra magazines. Ear and eye protection are mandatory (even if you just watch)
    New shooters are given a briefing on the safety rules before the match begins.

we.the.people

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2012
    Spectators welcome.

Why not bring your handgun? This is a great match format to get started in. Competition wise this match is as laid back as it gets, but safety rules are strictly enforced. All you need equipment wise is a serviceable handgun in 9mm or larger caliber, 150 rds of ammo.
    A holster that covers the trigger guard and a method to carry 2 extra magazines. Ear and eye protection are mandatory (even if you just watch)
    New shooters are given a briefing on the safety rules before the match begins.

I was reading the tpsclub.org site and it says they have matches every 1st Saturday. I jumped the gun on this one I am taking my son to his cubscout camp that weekend. I have a two week rotation at work and my schedule is about to change come November so I don't want to comit to anything right now. If they welcome people joining matches on a not so consistent basis I can see this in my future.

Trey@IG

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Northshore of Chocolate City
    hmm i might go watch this too since its right down the road. ive always been interested in competitions but when i think of comps i think of high dollar race guns that my starbucks job just cant afford.

dmiculek

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 1, 2006
    Gramercy
    hmm i might go watch this too since its right down the road. ive always been interested in competitions but when i think of comps i think of high dollar race guns that my starbucks job just cant afford.

Regardless if you shoot IDPA or USPSA there is a division for the folks on a budget to shoot. In IDPA it Service Pistol in USPSA it is Production.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    hunter1994
    Top Bottom