"If the first amendment was treated like the second amendment...."

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    0xu9V.jpg

Probably a repost but first time I've seen it so wanted to share. Puts things into a perspective that pisses me off.

bulldog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 10, 2009
    Ruston
    I would add this: The media would be required a three day waiting period (to get their facts straight) before they could report on a story.

SlimPickins

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2012
    Puts me in mind of a statement by Patrick Henry.

Fake ( from circulated e mails )

It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians; not on religions, but on the gospel of Jesus Christ!

What he really said

*I have now disposed of all my property to my family. There is one thing more I wish I could give them, and that is the Christian Religion. If they had that and I had not given them one shilling they would have been rich; and if they had not that and I had given them all the world, they would be poor.*

Patrick Henry, Virginia,

I would hope that everyone would intertwine more of the founders documents , maybe we would stat to understand just how united they really were and how much almost all said the same thing in different words.

Same with 1st and 2nd amendments, we really ( most of us ) seek freedom from government. Difference is some of us are willing to work for that freedom.

Abh3vol.firemen

unskilled labor expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    houma,la
    hopefully these comparisons to the first amendment will put concealed vs open carry into a better perspective for those who choose to belittle and judge those who would rather not pay for there rights by choosing open carry.

SlimPickins

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2012
    hopefully these comparisons to the first amendment will put concealed vs open carry into a better perspective for those who choose to belittle and judge those who would rather not pay for there rights by choosing open carry.

Amen

I think OC should be completely common and accepted

But I think more topless beaches in Tiger Pass is more likely.

Still, we never know.

pulpsmack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Red Stick
    I appreciate the thoughts and levity of those posting on the subject, but I would contend the First Amendment IS being treated like the Second Amendment, as it is the Government's interest to regulate away the teeth of any Amendment (which along with the rest of the Constitution provide a framework of governmental limitiations). Thus, more power behind the Constitution, less power wielded by the Government/Less power behind the Constitution/more power wielded by the Government.

The difference as I see it is that we have a country laden with apathy and myopic idiots (i.e.: ACLU) who find some parts of the B.O.R. to be more "equal" than others.

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    I really wish I could laugh at it, because it IS funny. However, I cannot bring myself to laugh, because it's true. Instead, I shall weep for my Constitution going the way of the dodo.

Top Bottom