If you could come up a rationale definition of the term "Assault Weapon"

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blade70714

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2012
    Baker
    My Rationale definition of an "Assault Weapon" : Any inanimate manmade or natural object that can be used by a human to inflict serious bodily injury or death upon another human,animal or species. What would be yours to use in a debate with an anti gun person? Please feel free to add on!

Blade70714

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2012
    Baker
    I'm just trying to see what others might see as a good definition would be because the term assault rifle has already been used to define firearms that are fully automatic and that have been regulated since 1934 . So how can the term assault weapon be defined by our government as only pertaining to semi-automatic firearms and nothing else only in their mind's and not in the real world.

Scott.Thornton

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Denham Area
    I'm just trying to see what others might see as a good definition would be because the term assault rifle has already been used to define firearms that are fully automatic and that have been regulated since 1934 . So how can the term assault weapon be defined by our government as only pertaining to semi-automatic firearms and nothing else only in their mind's and not in the real world.

I got you, I was just going by Weapon in your title. I know what you mean since the legal definition does not apply to anything the popular media says.

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360347093.019860.jpg

Blade70714

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2012
    Baker
    Just the government defines it as one thing only and it can be perceived as anything,car used by a drunk driver,baseball bat etc. But they say those type things serve a purpose to do good such as getting to and from work,etc.But a semi-auto rifle is evil and only made to kill which I believe it can be used as dual purpose as much as anything else,both good and bad.

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    Why just inanimate? Remember that scene in "Point Break" where Swayze throws a snarling dog at Keanu Reeves? It think that would qualify, or if I picked up a stray cat by the tail and slung it at your face. Just sayin'.

Any object, when used as a weapon to assault someone else, is an assault weapon. Beatin' a dead horse, though, 'cuz common sense doesn't apply to liberal arguments.

Storm52

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Shreveport
    Prior to 1989, the term "assault weapon" did not exist in the lexicon of firearms. It is a political term, developed by anti-gun publicists to expand the category of "assault rifles." The truth about assault weapons is that there is no such thing. So-called assault weapons are semi-automatic firearms—the guns most commonly used by millions of law-abiding Americans.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spydy
    Top Bottom