If you could live in any state...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nps_ranger74

Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Feb 4, 2012
    Oak Ridge ,LA
    It would have to be back in the great state of Alabama! Better football, great BBQ where I lived I could be in the Mountains in 2 hours or on the beach in Panama City Florida in 4.But alas the wife won't leave her mama here in LA. :wtc: So I will just just have to watch the Tide Roll this way! Plus as stated above it's a Red state which is always good!

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    The only thing I don't love about where I live now is the days like today when it gets up to 100 degrees, and only gets down to 80 at night... but I work inside, so who cares? Otherwise, I'm very happy where I am.

Since my parents retired, they keep tossing around moving to Panama, the country not the city in Florida. Cost of living is much lower than it is in the states, anywhere you live is within a short drive of both mountains and beach, and it almost never gets above 90 degrees.

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    About the only thing north of Burlington is Milton and St. Albans.

My mother was from Newport and I have spent forty some odd summers on the Lake there. Land is cheaper up there.

Sugaring is not full time, but something you do in the spring before the snow melts.

What diner raises its own pigs?

There's a diner in Enosburg that raises it's own pigs and chickens and does their sugaring in the spring. I used to go there when I was a kid and they where once featured on the Travel Channel as a must see in Vermont.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Well, I'm pretty well planted here, and don't plan on leaving.

But the Texas Hill Country, Arizona Ranch Country, Wyoming, and Montana would all be nice places to have a second home.....:thumbsup:

Winters in the last two can be pretty brutal on a Louisiana boy- but the hunting is still good, so....

Golden-Eagle

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Mandeville
    I like living here and visiting all the places named in this thread. There is no one place in this Country of ours that would make me happier in the long run. If I lived anywhere long enough I am sure someplace else would be enticing. Though an Alabama boy my roots have set deep in Louisiana and it has become home.

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    There's a diner in Enosburg that raises it's own pigs and chickens and does their sugaring in the spring. I used to go there when I was a kid and they where once featured on the Travel Channel as a must see in Vermont.

I have a good friend who teaches high school at Enosburg Falls. I will ask him about it.

That area east to the Connecticut River is good country.

I have a good source of maple products in Westfield, if you are interested. A local producer.

johngunguy

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    LEANDER, TEXAS
    I just moved to Leander Texas just north of Austin to be near my son, daughter and grand kids. Really like the area and while I don't actually live in the hilly area they are close by add really beautiful. This is the first time I am living outside Louisiana and I am 59ys old so it is a bit of a change but a good one.

I also like not hearing reasons why things are bad since Katrina every night on the news. How long are they going to keep harping on Katrina after all this time.

Cochise

is not here
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Calhoun
    Somewhere in North Carolina sandwiched between the beach and the mountains.
    Not to hot in summer and just enough snow in winter.

My thoughts exactly.

I really miss California, but I wouldn't live there again. N.Carolina is next on my list.

But, realistically, I'd be happy to be anywhere that is not North Louisiana.

Last edited:

ericlosh

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    Slidell LA
    im living right where i want to, ive been to most of the country and im always happy to be back home, here in slidell area, may move 15 miles north one day, just to be able to be a little further away from it all, or not. Who knows where ill be in 15 years though.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    My thoughts exactly.

I really miss California, but I wouldn't live there again. N.Carolina is next on my list.

But, realistically, I'd be happy to be anywhere that is not North Louisiana.

+1

I would rather live in California than here, if those were my only two options. Buy me some bullet buttons.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    In a few years we will leave Louisiana either for Kentucky or Tennessee.

I've had enough of the banana republic politics of this place!

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    i3hojaw06d8m0z9zet.jpg

mprice

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Breaux Bridge, LA
    Call me crazy, but I love Louisiana. I'd spend the rest of my life on the bayou if I could. I never want to leave the Sportsman's Paradise.

I started coming down to Louisiana many years ago and have been here pretty much the last 10 years - I'll die here (probably on this side of the Mississippi). The Ms and I have lived in a bunch of places, for me, Louisiana is best.

Corollary:

If you have to snow-blow your driveway in the morning to get your car out and then have to snow-blow your driveway again in the evening to get your car back in, it's Gods way of saying "move somewhere else!!!" We lived in Minnesota for 20 years. It is beautiful and the people are cool but, it just ain't for me.

yamaha0343

Glock > XD
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lafayette
    I've been in Alaska for about 3 weeks now, and I can't wait to fly back this weekend. I mean its pretty cool here, scenery is great, but it's NOT home.

The dry air/pollen is absolutely destroying my allergies. It actually got up to the upper 70s last week and people were freaking out over the heat wave. But still driving outside of the city the views are breathtaking. Its one of those places you have to see once. I feel lucky that I had the chance to come out here (especially for free..), but I really miss Louisiana.

Top Bottom