If you only had 1 knife to survive

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • George

Don't tase me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Denham springs
    I've never had a use for serrations, and most knives have serrations in the wrong place to even be useful.

In all seriousness, I'd take either one of these blades and be just fine:

24169614385_208e9f9e1e_b.jpg

The top one is a buddies, but I'll have mine soon. The little one has seen years of abuse already, and it's held up great.
    What kinda is the top one?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    The little one has seen years of abuse already, and it's held up great.

I like the little one. What is it?

Also thanks to this thread, I just started looking for one of my "white whales" and finally scored one. It will be here Thursday!

9y3jsuoutp8h9am9h44a.jpg

Any suggestions on how to carry it without a belt? I wear suspenders and slacks for my job and have become partial to them.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I like the little one. What is it?

Also thanks to this thread, I just started looking for one of my "white whales" and finally scored one. It will be here Thursday!

9y3jsuoutp8h9am9h44a.jpg

Any suggestions on how to carry it without a belt? I wear suspenders and slacks for my job and have become partial to them.
    Make a necklace :)

--Sent from my Galaxy S6

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Probably one of these. vv

Bowies%20488_zps6yuseuwz.jpg

Indestructible tough and can handle most of what I'd need it for. And it'll never jam. :p

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Selby Folsom

Selby Little Folsom

24143509706_9d13c43215_b.jpg

24061539942_dabcf2a5fa_b.jpg

Ulticlip

Ulticlip-belt.jpg

I'm just gonna assume you have no idea what a Clinch Pick is and what it's used for.
    Why you assume that? Bad assumption on your part haha. I had one for awhile. May still have it in a box somewhere. ShivWorks i think.

--Sent from my Galaxy S6

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Why you assume that?

Wearing a clinch pick around your neck is the worst idea you could have.

1. If you know what it is, then you should know what it is used for.
    2. If you know what it is used for, then you should know how to wield it.
    3. If you know how to wield it, then you would know that having it on a necklace flopping everywhere is a horrible idea.

Owning one doesn't mean you know how to use it. A Shivworks Clinch Pick is in every way a defensive weapon meant to rip your attacker apart. Leave the neck knives for the guys pretending to be Bear Grylls in the woods.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Wearing a clinch pick around your neck is the worst idea you could have.

1. If you know what it is, then you should know what it is used for.
    2. If you know what it is used for, then you should know how to wield it.
    3. If you know how to wield it, then you would know that having it on a necklace flopping everywhere is a horrible idea.

Owning one doesn't mean you know how to use it. A Shivworks Clinch Pick is in every way a defensive weapon meant to rip your attacker apart. Leave the neck knives for the guys pretending to be Bear Grylls in the woods.
    Not arguing or disagreeing. Just saying some people carry them on their neck. Just like people carry boot knives. I don't think it's the best idea, but it's certainly at least somewhat better than not carrying one at all.

--Sent from my Galaxy S6

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Not arguing or disagreeing. Just saying some people carry them on their neck. Just like people carry boot knives. I don't think it's the best idea, but it's certainly at least somewhat better than not carrying one at all.

It's a discussion, not an argument, so I'll agree with you on that.

Yes, some people may carry one around their necks, but some people shoot up heroine too. Just because some folks do it, doesn't mean it's a viable solution. Did you look at the Ulticlip I posted? That's a viable solution to what Vermiform is wanting. Without getting into a huge discussion on the subject, if you have a Louisiana CHP, you should be carrying a gun. Clinch Picks are NOT last resort defensive weapons, so don't treat them like one.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    It's a discussion, not an argument, so I'll agree with you on that.

Yes, some people may carry one around their necks, but some people shoot up heroine too. Just because some folks do it, doesn't mean it's a viable solution. Did you look at the Ulticlip I posted? That's a viable solution to what Vermiform is wanting. Without getting into a huge discussion on the subject, if you have a Louisiana CHP, you should be carrying a gun. Clinch Picks are NOT last resort defensive weapons, so don't treat them like one.
    They aren't last resort defensive weapons? I'd disagree on that.

I like the clip option better. I was going to suggest something similar, but I've never carried a knife like that and have no real desire too.

--Sent from my Galaxy S6

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    That sort of defeats the purpose of a forum, and is another reason for PM's, unless you are just trying to get my phone number.
    I already have your phone number somewhere I'm pretty sure. But pm works too. I just don't want to further hijack this thread.

--Sent from my Galaxy S6

Top Bottom