If you were to buy one rifle caliber to do everything what would it be?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    I know nothing does everything really well, but what is the most versitile rifle round (barring ammo costs).

What round and in what rifle to do everything? Small game to Dangerous game? SHTF? Whatever else?

I'd kind of exptect a Bolt gun in .300 Win Mag or .30-06, but are there other calibers I'm not thinking of?

homeslice

Be honest.
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    St. Charles Parish
    You hit small game (rabbits, squirrels, etc) with a 308... Don't expect anything left. Auto-Deboned/deskinned/tenderized!

.223 can take down deer and any other smaller game. Widely available as well.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    .22mag.

With a .22mag you can take small game with no problem. Rabbits, squirrel, and other small game head shots are no problem with a nice accurate .22mag.

You can also take larger game with a well placed shot. You can shoot the 30-40 grain Hornady bullets and take deer, pig and other larger game animals.

You can pack around thousands of rounds with no weight problems.

I can shoot my Remington 597 .22mag up to 200 yards with the Hornady bullets and could prob. push it further but have not yet.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)

MAIS I agree with you shaaaa

attachment.php

Eventhough in a SHTF scenario its easier to have a BUTT load of 22LR inside an Army Ammo can, can kill LOTS of animals including Deer and Hog, you just gotta shoot them in the EYE or EAR and will def kill humans 2, wont penetrate body armor but you just gotta aim for the HEAD.

:D

Top Bottom