illegally carrying concealed.. question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gandog56

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2013
    Mobile, AL.
    It just makes me a bit nervous when somebody asks me what would be the consequences if I did something illegal. I won't tell him yes or no!

Cripsol

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 7, 2014
    Dallas
    The best place for your firearm when you are in a vehicle is where you carry it the rest of the day. Training fixes the other urban legends you mentioned.

I dont recall mentioning urban legends chief. And as I stated, my carry weapon never leaves my side. I just have one for easier access while in a vehicle.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Here ya go:

tumblr_inline_mh1oq8Vl8f1rzznma.jpg

Glockrunner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    I see we are still waiting on 'the List' :rolleyes: :p

The law is a little convoluted, but sort of clear when you wade through reading it.

WithOUT a CC permit is is illegal to carry a concealed weapon on your person everywhere, all the time.

You can have it in a bag in your car and it's legal, just as if it were in a safe in your house.

If you exit your car and carry the bag then by the letter of the law that's CC and ... if you're caught without a permit it's:

"Whoever commits the crime of illegal carrying of weapons shall be fined not more than five hundred dollars, or imprisoned for not more than six months, or both." which is RS14:95(B)1 and a misdemeanor. If you commit a violent crime then it's:

"Whoever commits the crime of illegal carrying of weapons with any firearm used in the commission of a crime of violence as defined in R.S. 14:2(B), shall be fined not more than two thousand dollars, or imprisoned, with or without hard labor, for not less than one year nor more than two years, or both. Any sentence issued pursuant to the provisions of this Paragraph and any sentence issued pursuant to a violation of a crime of violence as defined in R.S. 14:2(B) shall be served consecutively." which is RS14:95(B)2

If you work your way to Section E again it's "shall be imprisoned at hard labor for not less than twenty years nor more than thirty years without the benefit of probation, parole, or suspension of sentence."

So ..... it's either OC, get a permit, or help support Const. Carry in Louisiana.

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    I see we are still waiting on 'the List' :rolleyes: :p

The law is a little convoluted, but sort of clear when you wade through reading it.

WithOUT a CC permit is is illegal to carry a concealed weapon on your person everywhere, all the time.

You can have it in a bag in your car and it's legal, just as if it were in a safe in your house.

If you exit your car and carry the bag then by the letter of the law that's CC and ... if you're caught without a permit it's:

"Whoever commits the crime of illegal carrying of weapons shall be fined not more than five hundred dollars, or imprisoned for not more than six months, or both." which is RS14:95(B)1 and a misdemeanor. If you commit a violent crime then it's:

"Whoever commits the crime of illegal carrying of weapons with any firearm used in the commission of a crime of violence as defined in R.S. 14:2(B), shall be fined not more than two thousand dollars, or imprisoned, with or without hard labor, for not less than one year nor more than two years, or both. Any sentence issued pursuant to the provisions of this Paragraph and any sentence issued pursuant to a violation of a crime of violence as defined in R.S. 14:2(B) shall be served consecutively." which is RS14:95(B)2

If you work your way to Section E again it's "shall be imprisoned at hard labor for not less than twenty years nor more than thirty years without the benefit of probation, parole, or suspension of sentence."

So ..... it's either OC, get a permit, or help support Const. Carry in Louisiana.

So, call your congressman. Breaking the law just because you disagree with it will NOT do ANYBODY any good. It sucks, but it is what it is.

geoney

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Lake Charles
    So, call your congressman. Breaking the law just because you disagree with it will NOT do ANYBODY any good. It sucks, but it is what it is.

Not entirely true. breaking the law may prove beneficial to the one breaking it, and if it is an unjust or unconstitutional law, many would argue there is a moral imperative to break it.

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    Not entirely true. breaking the law may prove beneficial to the one breaking it, and if it is an unjust or unconstitutional law, many would argue there is a moral imperative to break it.

By getting bad press, you're only hurting everyone else who agrees with your cause. And if you do stupid crap, you WILL get bad press... nevermind your family possibly losing you, even if it's just temporarily. The law is the law. There are ways to get it changed. This is not one of them. Remember the Black Panthers in California, and what happened to them?

geoney

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Lake Charles
    By getting bad press, you're only hurting everyone else who agrees with your cause. And if you do stupid crap, you WILL get bad press... nevermind your family possibly losing you, even if it's just temporarily. The law is the law. There are ways to get it changed. This is not one of them. Remember the Black Panthers in California, and what happened to them?

You are assuming someone is caught. Are you aware of how this country was formed? MANY laws were broken in the process. When the underground railroad helped slaves... many laws were broken. When a parent brings in medication that is not FDA approved from Mexico to help their ill child, laws are broken. When you speed to the hospital with an injured person in the car, laws are broken.

There are times when breaking the law is the appropriate response for either pragmatic or moral reasons. That might not always be the best political tactic, but that is a matter of opinion.

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    You are assuming someone is caught. Are you aware of how this country was formed? MANY laws were broken in the process. When the underground railroad helped slaves... many laws were broken. When a parent brings in medication that is not FDA approved from Mexico to help their ill child, laws are broken. When you speed to the hospital with an injured person in the car, laws are broken.

There are times when breaking the law is the appropriate response for either pragmatic or moral reasons. That might not always be the best political tactic, but that is a matter of opinion.

Then build me a time machine, and let's go back 200 years. Until that happens, the right way to go about fixing stuff is NOT waving your ass at people. If you don't get caught......... whatever, I guess. But if you do, you're getting arrested, and it's almost definitely going in the paper. It only hurts our cause. We as law-abiding gun-owners need to be... law-abiding.

Top Bottom