illegally carrying concealed.. question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Then build me a time machine, and let's go back 200 years. Until that happens, the right way to go about fixing stuff is NOT waving your ass at people. If you don't get caught......... whatever, I guess. But if you do, you're getting arrested, and it's almost definitely going in the paper. It only hurts our cause. We as law-abiding gun-owners need to be... law-abiding.

Also, if you plan on breaking the law, don't go tell everyone on a public forum. That's the most stupid thing I've seen on BS, as of late.

If this dude doesn't end up in jail or dead, he's lucky. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes, and all that jazz.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    You are assuming someone is caught. Are you aware of how this country was formed? MANY laws were broken in the process. When the underground railroad helped slaves... many laws were broken. When a parent brings in medication that is not FDA approved from Mexico to help their ill child, laws are broken. When you speed to the hospital with an injured person in the car, laws are broken.

There are times when breaking the law is the appropriate response for either pragmatic or moral reasons. That might not always be the best political tactic, but that is a matter of opinion.

It is entirely your choice if you feel the need to break a law. However, you must have the moral courage to accept the outcome if you are caught. If that happens, then do not be a wuss and whine about it since that was your choice.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I understand the frustration. As a law-abiding citizen, you should absolutely not have to pay for the privilege of carrying a defensive handgun concealed on your person. It "should" be considered a right- one that you have done NOTHING to justify losing.
    The act of carrying a concealed handgun without a permit doesn't automatically make people go around committing gun crimes, does it? Being a general $hitbag covers that. Paying a fee doesn't make you a better person, or guarantee that you will remain a good one. And of course, bad people with bad intentions won't go through the motions- they'll just do it anyway. So yes, I do understand- and hope that someday we can realize Constitutional Carry here in Louisiana.

However.......While our current setup is not perfect, it is what we have. A compromise, yes. But at least we have the option open to us.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    I understand the frustration. As a law-abiding citizen, you should absolutely not have to pay for the privilege of carrying a defensive handgun concealed on your person. It "should" be considered a right- one that you have done NOTHING to justify losing.
    The act of carrying a concealed handgun without a permit doesn't automatically make people go around committing gun crimes, does it? Being a general $hitbag covers that. Paying a fee doesn't make you a better person, or guarantee that you will remain a good one. And of course, bad people with bad intentions won't go through the motions- they'll just do it anyway. So yes, I do understand- and hope that someday we can realize Constitutional Carry here in Louisiana.

However.......While our current setup is not perfect, it is what we have. A compromise, yes. But at least we have the option open to us.

Well said.

JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    Just responding to the bit about morals. To change laws in that manner (being arrested and becoming a cause for public outcry), you need either a revolution or the backing of a majority of the public and media. Not going to happen with anything firearms-related.

It's like bringing up Hitler. Nobody wants to hear it, and it turns people off.

Last edited by a moderator:

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    Just responding to the bit about morals. To change laws in that manner (being arrested and becoming a cause for public outcry), you need either a revolution or the backing of a majority of the public and media. Not going to happen with anything firearms-related.

But why do so many gun issues get brought down to racism? The two have nothing to do with each other, besides that they're both forms of discrimination. Bringing up race at all honestly just makes us look bad, and no matter what you say about it, it drives people away from the cause for firearms freedom.

geoney

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Lake Charles
    But why do so many gun issues get brought down to racism? The two have nothing to do with each other, besides that they're both forms of discrimination. Bringing up race at all honestly just makes us look bad, and no matter what you say about it, it drives people away from the cause for firearms freedom.

Probably because the very root of gun control is racism.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Probably because the very root of gun control is racism.

How very true that is! The first gun control laws were directed at the black community. Even the 1968 GCA(copied from the 1938 Nazi gun law) was intended to deny black people the right to own guns. The KKK supported the 1968 GCA for that reason. Martin Luther King was denied a gun permit by the state if Alabama even after the KKK burned his house down.
    http://www.constitution.org/cmt/cramer/racist_roots.htm

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    from what I was told by my CC instructor, if you have a CC permit Open Carry is NOT an option any longer.

I saw that one on a fb page this week. Guy said that's what his instructor told him. Maybe they should video the class and when they find out later that the instructor was full of **** they can get their money back for the class.

Glockrunner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    So, call your congressman. Breaking the law just because you disagree with it will NOT do ANYBODY any good. It sucks, but it is what it is.

Not sure if I'm reading it right that you think I'm for breaking the law. The OP asked the penalty, I posted the statute and section defining said penalty, up to multiple offenses for violent crime while armed to show how the penalty ramps up.

I don't think anyone should HAVE to pay to do something that is their right. That's why I'm for Const. Carry in making the permit optional. Some will NEED it to travel, so pay for it and get it. Many don't need it, but WANT it, so make it optional for them. I prefer OC, but that's my opinion and for me that's right. Others prefer CC, that's their opinion and for them that's right.

TheLawson

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    New Orleans
    Maybe we need to propose a new way to license people for now...

*Online test only, maybe 50 questions, about when it's legal and not legal to use deadly force (this is the main benefit for the class). Even if they cheat on the test, they will have had to read the correct answer.
    *If possible reduced fee (I don't know how much the background check costs the state, they should break even on this)
    *State MUST approve anyone not prohibited under federal law.
    *Allow drop-off of photo/prints/payments to any police dept.

Seems like a good start down the right road to me.

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    Not sure if I'm reading it right that you think I'm for breaking the law. The OP asked the penalty, I posted the statute and section defining said penalty, up to multiple offenses for violent crime while armed to show how the penalty ramps up.

I don't think anyone should HAVE to pay to do something that is their right. That's why I'm for Const. Carry in making the permit optional. Some will NEED it to travel, so pay for it and get it. Many don't need it, but WANT it, so make it optional for them. I prefer OC, but that's my opinion and for me that's right. Others prefer CC, that's their opinion and for them that's right.

Totally with you on that one. But public opinion is 99% of what determines what laws get passed. If you turn the public against your cause, you've just screwed it for everyone. Don't break the law. Go about it the right way. And OC is something that most people end up getting scared when they see it. Sure, it's legal. But use it in the way it's best. If you're hunting hogs and you want your Glock 20 on your side, great. If you're running to the grocery store... please, no.

I can't even believe how often that has to be explained.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Totally with you on that one. But public opinion is 99% of what determines what laws get passed. If you turn the public against your cause, you've just screwed it for everyone. Don't break the law. Go about it the right way. And OC is something that most people end up getting scared when they see it. Sure, it's legal. But use it in the way it's best. If you're hunting hogs and you want your Glock 20 on your side, great. If you're running to the grocery store... please, no.

You mean... It's not OK if I carry my Hi Point in a nylon thumb break pouch hanging from my pocket, while I stroll through the toy section of Academy?

I only use that reference, because I witnessed it the other day :dogkeke:

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts

OC folks be like: "BRB I'm going to Walmart."

258oe6aovf2aih3src8.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gordoloco
    Top Bottom