Im confused.5.56 BCG for a 5.45

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoghunter54

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Westlake,la.
    I just picked up a 5.45 upper.It did not have a BCG.I have a regular 5.56 BCG sitting around.
    I have read different conflicting articles.Some say change out whole BCG,some say just change
    the bolt,firing pin and extractor.Some say just the bolt,because the bolt face is longer.

I was curious with all the ar specific guys on here,if some one could guide me in the right
    direction.And if anyone has a 5.45 BCG and wants to trade it for a 5.56 BCG and is in my area.
    If that is what I need to do.Please contact me,I really wanted to take it to in laws to shoot it.

I was also wondering if the 5.56 mags will work for the 5.45 as well.

Thanks for any information.

Last edited:

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    I just picked up a 5.45 upper.It did not have a BCG.I have a regular 5.56 BCG sitting around.
    I have read different conflicting articles.Some say change out whole BCG,some say just change
    the bolt,firing pin and extractor.Some say just the bolt,because the bolt face is longer.

I was curious with all the ar specific guys on here,if some one could guide me in the right
    direction.And if anyone has a 5.45 BCG and wants to trade it for a 5.56 BCG and is in my area.
    If that is what I need to do.Please contact me,I really wanted to take it to in laws to shoot it.

I was also wondering if the 5.56 mags will work for the 5.45 as well.

Thanks for any information.

You only need a 5.45 bolt. You can use a standard 5.56 bolt carrier.

JR1572

hoghunter54

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Westlake,la.
    Thanks for the information guys.I am going to try to find one on here.I cant seem to locate any bolts,bcgs or anything like it online.
    Everyone says sold out or back-ordered.

Top Bottom