I'm looking to hire an attorney to help me get an FFL And open a gun store in houma

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • InterstateGuns

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Hammond
    I would like to open up a gun store In the houma area or maybe New Orleans area..I'm looking for an experienced lawyer that is 100% familiar with the process..I have some money saved up and I have some investors (mom and dad) and would like to do this..

Save you money.

No mystery on how to get started getting your FFL.
    https://www.atf.gov/files/forms/download/aft-f-5310-12.pdf

I would hire a really good accountant before a lawyer.

MattD

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    I agree with Chris@InterstateGuns's advice.

I had a FFL in the 70's and my biggest concern was what the agent would be looking for during his initial store visit and having all the required paperwork perfect.

The agent was through but a great guy to work with.

I hope that still holds true, today.

Good luck!

Matt

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    When I opened a small business, I used an attorney to file with the secretary of state and to set up the LLC. Don't know anything about getting a ffl, but if you are paying an attorney to do other things it might pay to add that to the list.

freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    Starting an LLC in Louisiana is one of the easiest in the country. The Secretary of State web site walks you through it. Very easy.

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    I would contact DAn Zelenka or Wade Duty
    . Both are attorneys , both either have had or have an ffl, and both are good businessmen .

moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    We currently own 4 clothing stores that do very well and have been i have been in the buisness for 15 years but I'm just tired of it and it's not something I want to do,it never has been but I was dragged into this clothing buisness..I've always wanted to open a gun store..I'm very good at keeping the stores well stocked with inventory and in some cases over stocked..a lot of these gun stores that I have visited are never stocked and don't have to many options,like for instance Those magpul back up sights,most of the stores carry them but that's about it,not everyone can afford to buy a pair of $100 sights,there's some sights that are $50 for a pair.same thing goes for the quad rails,stocks,stripped lowers,uppers etc..
    It's just the FFL paper work seems a little intimidating and would rather pay a professional for help..

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    It's just the FFL paper work seems a little intimidating and would rather pay a professional for help..

If you're intimidated by the FFL application then starting up a firearms dealer probably isn't the best idea for you. The application is nothing compared to the rest of it. Just my $.02.

moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Yea I'm just going to do some more research before I jump in this head first..I know how the atf guy will pop up randomly to check the logs or books which is cool because I'm a very organized person..I will eventually open a gun store up because it's been on my mine for a while and I really want to try something new..one thing I know is to not expect for this buisness to start making a profit from day 1..I have a clothing shop and it took took 3 years to start seeing a profit/paying my self a decent wage..

Top Bottom