I'm Mad As Hell And I'm Not Going To Take It

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • artabr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    New Iberia , Louisiana
    Time for Tea Party II.

http://www.reteaparty.com/

Click link for Videos.

Rick Santelli Is As Mad As Hell | Chicago Tea Party
    Tags: Mad As Hell, Rick Santelli, tea party

Our founders have stopped rolling over in their graves. After months of tossing and turning, we have finally taken back the banner of hope that has been hijacked by the “do-good” saviors.

Statist sympathizers call us cynics; those who complain without answers of our own. They call us “selfish”, implying that funding failure is altruistic. While America was founded on those who do, they ask us to submit to those who can’t.

ENOUGH!

On July 4, 1776, the original Patriots put their lives on the line. With an envelope, a stamp, and a bag of tea, millions of Americans can send a peaceful message; our lives have value.

On April 1st, our establishment will know that our freedom to succeed can no longer be sacrificed at the risk of our future.

With sincerity and respect, we ask that you join us on April 1st, 2009, in sending the Oval Office a Tea Bag, in honor of the party in Boston on July 4, 1776, and in anticipation of its nationwide symbolic re-enactment in the summer of 2009.

If you have had enough, please submit your pledge to send Washington a Tea Bag on April 1st HERE TODAY.

Follow the links to join us in Boston, Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco, New York, Florida or submit your application to organize your own local Tea Party.

Spark a Re-Revolution,

ReTeaParty.com
    Comments (6)
    Rick Santelli’s Tea Party
    Tags: chicago, rant, Rick Santelli, tea party

The Boston Tea Party was an act of direct protest by American Colonists demanding representation in the British Government. They became known as the original patriots.

The Chicago Tea Party of 2009 will reinvigorate that American and Patriotic spirit; one that demands respect for individual rights and property. As the bailouts spiral out of control, we are forced to fund failed banks. With foreclosures on the rise, we are made the collateral of reckless spending. And, when the bills come due, the IRS knocks on the door of “self-responsibility”.

ENOUGH!

America is the land of opportunity. To succeed AND to Fail. Without consequences, what is our incentive to learn? What is our incentive to produce? On July 4, 2009, those that ask nothing from the government but the protection of our inalienable right to succeed, will gather in Los Angeles, Chicago, and Boston in an historic act of direct protest.
    Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism. - Thomas Paine

Comments (114)
    Santelli responds to Obama “I think I prefer tea.”
    Tags: Obama, Rick Santelli, The Washington Post

Press secretary Robert Gibbs commented on Rick Santelli’s Chicago Teaparty today as covered in the following article by The Washington Post. Santelli was there to respond:

Santelli, appearing on CNBC today quickly after Gibbs’ comments, appeared to be enjoying the attention.

“This is exactly what we want. They are making things clear,” Santelli — who was hardly a household name 48 hours ago — said. “If you listen to the clip yesterday, we never referred to any specifics. It was the notion of not going down the road subsidizing other people’s
    mortgages. I think its terrific that this has been opened up to national debate.”

He added: “I think its wonderful that he invited me to the White House. I’m not really big on decaf though. I think I prefer tea.”

Read More…

Comments (7)
    Event Updates
    Tags: Event, Supporters, Updates

We are receiving hundreds of comments and emails from supportive advocates of this event. Event sponsorship, media inquiries, and supporters calling for a Teaparty in their hometown have been flooding our inbox today and we are pleased with the support.

Some Details:

We WILL be dumping SOMETHING into the Ocean/Lake. (Feel free to comment below suggesting what that something should be. We will have a poll soon).

This event will be held in early July, 2009. (We are leaning on Saturday, July 4th, however the date will be more definite when event permits are secured and sponsors are finalized. )

We have decided to hold 3 Major Tea Parties, however, we may hold more in other areas of the country depending on support levels. (Boston, Chicago, and LA)

There are some prospects for venue locations for these events however we are in the process of securing permits and working out logistics. You can find out more information on the events by clicking on the links to their respective Facebook Pages in the right sidebar of the homepage.

Make sure you pledge to attend by using the widget in the right sidebar. We are working on a widget that displays the total number of pledges so users can keep track of how many people are attending!

Comments (18)
    NEW YORK TIMES | Rick Santelli: Tea Party Time
    The New York Times posted an article about the Tea Party:

Yesterday Rick Santelli, who reports from the floor of the Chicago Board of Trade the for CNBC, unleashed a rant against Obama’s newly announced housing bailout plan, intended to help some homeowners refinance mortgages and avoid foreclosure. The clip was quickly linked to and embedded in Web sites everywhere, and provoked intense reaction that pretty much broke along partisan lines.

Read More…

Comments (2)
    The Teaparty is featured on Digg.
    Digg the Tea Party!

Make our voices heard!

Comments (1)
    Watch Out, Mr. President, Because We’re Mad As Hell!
    FOXNews wrote an article which draws comparison between the 1976 film Network and Rick Santelli’s call for a Chicago Tea Party.

“I’m mad as hell and I’m not going to take it anymore!”

In the 1970s, that phrase was made popular by the movie “Network,” where anchor Howard Beale parodied what TV news might become. In 2009, millions of us are mad as hell –- not at TV but at politics. Americans are mad because most of us play the game the right way and if we do, we are now the ones who lose.

Ordinary Americans try to do the right thing, just like Spike Lee told us. We get up, we go to work, raise our families, obey the law and pay our debts. We are mellower versions of the Clint Eastwood character in “Gran Torino.” We just want to be left alone –- by government especially.

Read More…

Draw your own conclusions:

Comments (3)
    Rick Santelli sticks up for America - CNBC

Comments (7)
    Rick Santelli Rant Transcript
    Tags: chicago, rant, Rick Santelli, tea party

RICK SANTELLI: The government is promoting bad behavior. Because we certainly don’t want to put stimulus forth and give people a whopping $8 or $10 in their check, and think that they ought to save it, and in terms of modifications… I’ll tell you what, I have an idea.

You know, the new administration’s big on computers and technology– How about this, President and new administration? Why don’t you put up a website to have people vote on the Internet as a referendum to see if we really want to subsidize the losers’ mortgages; or would we like to at least buy cars and buy houses in foreclosure and give them to people that might have a chance to actually prosper down the road, and reward people that could carry the water instead of drink the water?

TRADER ON FLOOR: That’s a novel idea.

(Applause, cheering)

JOE KERNEN: Hey, Rick… Oh, boy. They’re like putty in your hands. Did you hear…?

SANTELLI: No they’re not, Joe. They’re not like putty in our hands. This is America! How many of you people want to pay for your neighbor’s mortgage that has an extra bathroom and can’t pay their bills? Raise their hand.

(Booing)

President Obama, are you listening?

TRADER: How ’bout we all stop paying our mortgage? It’s a moral hazard.

KERNEN: It’s like mob rule here. I’m getting scared. I’m glad I’m…

CARL QUINTANILLA: Get some bricks and bats…

SANTELLI: Don’t get scared, Joe. They’re already scaring you. You know, Cuba used to have mansions and a relatively decent economny. They moved from the individual to the collective. Now, they’re driving ‘54 Chevys, maybe the last great car to come out of Detroit.

KERNEN: They’re driving them on water, too, which is a little strange to watch.

SANTELLI: There you go.

KERNEN: Hey Rick, how about the notion that, Wilbur pointed out, you can go down to 2% on the mortgage…

SANTELLI: You could go down to -2%. They can’t afford the house.

KERNEN: …and still have 40%, and still have 40% not be able to do it. So why are they in the house? Why are we trying to keep them in the house?

SANTELLI: I know Mr. Summers is a great economist, but boy, I’d love the answer to that one.

REBECCA QUICK: Wow. Wilbur, you get people fired up.

SANTELLI: We’re thinking of having a Chicago Tea Party in July. All you capitalists that want to show up to Lake Michigan, I’m gonna start organizing.

(Whistling, cheering)

QUICK: What are you dumping in, what are you dumping in this time? Housing…?

SANTELLI: We’re going to be dumping in some derivative securities. What do you think about that?

QUINTANILLA: Mayor Daley is marshalling the police right now.

KERNEN: Rabble-rouser.

QUINTANILLA: The National Guard.

After Jason Roney of Sharmac Capital makes some comments, it’s back to Santelli.

QUINTANILLA: You know, Rick, one of our producers says if Roland Burris steps down, man, "Senator Santelli," the junior senator from Illinois. It’s a possibility. I’m just saying…

SANTELLI: Do you think I want to take a shower every hour? The last place I’m ever gonna live or work is D.C.

KERNEN: Have you raised any money for Blago?

SANTELLI: No, but I think that somebody’s gonna have to start raising money for us.

QUICK: Hey, Rick? Can you do that one more time, just get the mob behind you again?

QUINATILLA: Have the camera pull way out.

QUICK: Yeah, pull way out. Everybody listen to Rick Santelli.

KERNEN: He can’t… I don’t think… You can’t just do it at will, can you Rick? I mean, you have to say something.

QUICK: No, do it at will. Let’s see.

SANTELLI: Listen, all’s I know is, is that there’s only about 5% of the floor population here right now, and I talk loud enough they can all hear me. So if you want to ask ‘em anything, let me know. These guys are pretty straight forward, and my guess is, a pretty good statistical cross-section of America, the silent majority.

QUICK: Not so silent majority today. So Rick, are they opposed to the housing thing, to the stimulus package, to everything out there?

SANTELLI: You know, they’re pretty much of the notion that you can’t buy your way into prosperity, and if the multiplier that all of these Washington economists are selling us is over… that we never have to worry about the economy again. The government should spend a trillion dollars an hour because we’ll get 1.5 trillion back.

WILBUR ROSS: Rick, I congratulate you on your new incarnation as a revolutionary leader.

SANTELLI: Somebody needs one. I’ll tell you what, if you read our founding fathers, people like Benjamin Franklin and Jefferson,… What we’re doing in this country now is making them roll over in their graves.

Comments (8)
    Los Angeles Re Tea Party
    Tags: Los Angeles

WHEN: Saturday, July 4, 2009

WHERE: Santa Monica Pier

View Larger Map

Comments (4)
    Chicago Re Tea Party
    Tags: chicago

WHEN: Saturday, July 4, 2009

WHERE: Harbor Drive| Chicago, IL

View Larger Map

Comments (7)
    Older Posts »
    In the beginning, the Patriot is a scarce man, brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a Patriot. Sign up to pledge to attend!:
    Email Address:
    Name:
    Zip:
    * = required field

Categories:
    Event Updates
    Press
    Tea Party
    Video
    Archives:
    February 2009

eganx

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 22, 2008
    was Monroe LA, now Kingston WA
    finally, someone with some sense. how refreshing. but there's no "tea party" being planned for the south........I would love to go to Boston, Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco, New York, or Florida for one, but no way I could get all the time off work needed to go. we should look into putting one together down here, I know I'd be in.

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    I agree something needs to be done. But all a tea party will do is make profits for the post office and the tea makers and sellers.

Personally, what we really need to do only happened once, 232 years ago. And it will never happen again in this nation of weenies and apathy.

wrecker704

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Hammond,La
    tea party

I have said for awhile it was time for a tea party. The tea parrty in 1776 was because of taxation without represetaion. Now we have representaion and much more taxes plus the represention don't represent us as a people they represent their own agendas. I will send a tea bag. John::squint::mad:::rolleyes::squint::mad::rolleyes:

bayoutrigger

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    Alexandria, La.
    I agree something needs to be done. But all a tea party will do is make profits for the post office and the tea makers and sellers.

Personally, what we really need to do only happened once, 232 years ago. And it will never happen again in this nation of weenies and apathy.

There are a lot of things happening right now that it has been said could not happen. Did anyone think the major car manufacturers and banks would be bankrupt as they are now? And how about the states that have already announced they will be sending IOU's for tax refunds this year. These same states are withholding taxes on wages at the same time they're sending out IOU's for refunds. Things are just beginning to happen. Just wait till this summer gets here. I think a lot of people are going to be surprised at what's in store for this country.

Paulup

dot dot dot
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Bush, La
    The tea party this country needs isn't a peaceful one. The only way things are going to change is if enough people get so fed up they are willing to do it by force. We'll need to hoist the black flag and begin slitting throats.

wrecker704

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Hammond,La
    sarge7, don't take this wrong but why should GOD help us when as a whole. this country has turned it's back on him. i think he will help each that seeks his help, but not the country as a whole unless there is some major changes. i guess i am one of those how did he say it, GOD fearing, gun toting, fustrated middle class AMERICANS that believe it what this country was founded on.

Top Bottom