I'm on BayouShooter too much?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    I don't know how much time I spend on BayouShooter, but my family is starting to send me PMs to discuss family issues rather than just walking down the hall. Hm.....

tactical723

3 Gun / F Class Player
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Northshore - Covington, LA
    First this is a repost of a reply that I sent last week to a new Member, This is how my mind thinks some time, but the truth is the truth !!!

Many of marriages have ended in the gutter due to this informative and highly addictive site; however, there is hope

1. First Step= transition from a desk top to laptop, that way you can spend more time in bed with the honey, this will work for a time, then she will catch on, because she will catch you getting excited, clicking quickly, many of members have worn their keys out spending hours replying to threads and PMing your Bs.com friends, and sometimes ending on sites by links that require credit cards. Then she will say" you spend more time on that laptop in the evening than with me. Then its on to step 2

2. Purchase a Iphone, now you have access, but in a smaller package, but now, you will have to excuse yourself to view the content of bs.com. This will require you tell your wife that you need to have a movement. Now you are locked in a temporary safe zone and you can access the mother site. Now by doing this for long periods while sitting on the toilet can have several negative results;
    a. Your wife will have you scheduled for a gastro scope due to the fact that you spend 1 hr on the toilet every night (she hears you laughing, crying, clapping, sometimes talking to yourself)
    b. You make an appt for the butt Dr yourself because your hemorrhoids are now touching the water
    c. You Strain your eyes so bad trying to view the Iphone screen, you need to see your eye Dr for Glasses, and thick ones at that from the extreme and exhaustive eye strain
    d. all of the above and your wife catches on and you loose Iphone privledges.

As you can see, the wife always wins, and you can end up with hemorrhoids, thick glasses and no Iphone, Gentlemen, be very careful, when accessing this site. It is our escape. It is like women buying shoes. Damn it, they do not make a pill or support group that can cure this. Just watch your back, and Butt for that matter !!!

Last edited:

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I think you are right Dave. You spend too much time on here.
    You know they say if you do something too much you'll go blind.
    I heard if you stay on BS too much you'll go deaf.
    Did you hear that. :D

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    I think you are right Dave. You spend too much time on here.
    You know they say if you do something too much you'll go blind.
    I heard if you stay on BS too much you'll go deaf.
    Did you hear that. :D

No, I never heard that. Of course, that's not saying much!
    :rofl:

deadidunn

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 3, 2010
    Hineston, LA
    Don't worry Dave, if your convinced you spend to much time on here, we'll talk spanky into creating a Support Group Thread for us to help you deal with the emotional stress!! LOL

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Don't worry, your not alone. I've probably checked this section 30 times today. I guess that's all to do when I'm sick though.

stormrider54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Dutchtown
    :twitch:Just tell them you had your sights on other things but this is what fires you up, besides what if I am? What are you going to do take me down the bayou and shoot me?:rolleyes:

dirk70301

Jack of all trades
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Thibodaux , LA
    I hear the same thing from the wife " You are always on the computer , you never spend time with me " but when I try to spend time with her she always has something to do . I'd rather be on the computer , I can just turn it off when I've had enough .

Don't Panic
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Olla, La
    Same here.....I try not to even get online period when I'm at home because of the amount of time I spend surfing while offshore.....

...and then I got a damn iPhone....and 86'd my FB profile......and decided I wanted to manage some classifieds when home.....

yeah, it's a slippery slope :hs:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spydy
    Top Bottom