Impressions? YouTuber Paul Harrell

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Gunnuts is obviously a tool trying to ride on Paul Harrel’s YouTube notoriety.

Did I say tool? I meant tool, lol.

Caleb has a personality. I'll say that much.

As far as bad information in regards to shooting, that's not something he does regularly.

Lying is bad information. Specifically how he started the feud with Paul.

Paul’s intro is pretty clear on his qualifications. Throughout his videos he gives some information about his accomplishments well.

People with class try not to flaunt their accomplishments. He is a humble man. Which is a good quality. His information is good and thorough. That is enough.

As to the efficacy of gel or his meat target, no one cares. Seeing what bullets do to a target is fun. The amount of gel tests are astronomical on YouTube. Paul does something different.

Petty squabbles between a competitive shooter and a fudd are nothing I care much about. Harrell is not an authority on anything that I'm concerned with. However, he puts out bad information.

Gel testing is a standard for a reason. Many people care. I agree that the number of gel tests on YouTube is astronomical. The majority of those tests are set up improperly and use the wrong gelatin block to begin with.

If you care at all about ballistics, you should watch the video below. This is a quote from Johann Boden, of Federal Ammunition, taken from the video.

... the other purpose for having a certain specified density set forth by the FBI is that you have an apples to apples to apples comparison. You have a continuous data set that is comparable one to the other. In other words, if we have density A shooting today and we're shooting density B tomorrow, they don't necessarily correlate to each other.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Lying is bad information. Specifically how he started the feud with Paul.

Paul’s intro is pretty clear on his qualifications. Throughout his videos he gives some information about his accomplishments well.

People with class try not to flaunt their accomplishments. He is a humble man. Which is a good quality. His information is good and thorough. That is enough.

As to the efficacy of gel or his meat target, no one cares. Seeing what bullets do to a target is fun. The amount of gel tests are astronomical on YouTube. Paul does something different.
    I agree. I didn’t know who numbnutz was til this thread so I went watched a few of his vids before I came to the tool conclusion. Tool...and that’s being nice. All I really see is a puffed up nobody talking smack. I doubt his rant about Paul Harrel has help his notoriety at all. The simple fact that he’s gotta try to bring somebody down to make himself feel better takes it to another level. Either way, I’m gonna just have to wait it out now for YouTube to stop adding his junk to my watch list now. I’m counting the days.
    As far as Paul’s comparisons, I believe they are mostly done per request of his fan base, and although some folks don’t care for his testing, I find it a nice change over some other stuff I see on YouTube. He’s done a lot of realistic home penetration testing that I’d say is likely very accurate and he also covered a few different firearms in those tests. If anyone is actually watching his channel for scientific info, maybe it’s the viewer who’s a bit lost. Whatever the case, I’ve never seen anything on his channel that made me hate on him, but he doesn’t make me feel... inferior or inadequate in any way and I’m not trying to gain viewers for my channel. I think it’s clear where numbnutz is coming from.
    How about Hickock 45? There’s a good channel that nobody can argue with. Guy has about 500 pieces of steel and a buncha bottle of soda on that hill, featuring a different firearm every video, takes it out and shoots the **** out of it for all to see, often times laughing and having fun. Never hear him badmouth a soul. Nothing fancy, but his testing counts for much in the shooting community. His opinions matter to a lot of folks who prolly don’t care about his resume’ but see him shooting a lot of guns and a lot of ammo and giving his honest opinion during his shooting. Wonder what Sir Numb nuts has to say about him?

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Well I went and watched the videos where he talks about the Paul guy. I’m not in love with either of them but the Caleb guy seems like a young smart ass. I wouldn’t watch anything else he put out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Well I went and watched the videos where he talks about the Paul guy. I’m not in love with either of them but the Caleb guy seems like a young smart ass. I wouldn’t watch anything else he put out.

He is, but he's a good shooter. If you can sift through his personality, he has good info out there.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    He is, but he's a good shooter. If you can sift through his personality, he has good info out there.

I don’t doubt he’s a good shooter but so is Jerry miculek and he’s not a young prick

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Is that your impression or factual?

If it’s your impression no need to quantify the statement.

My apologies, Tboy. I didn't know I was up against the white knights.

My statement is factual and I have no desire to compile a list of all of the poor information he provides. Apparently you have made up your mind that Harrell is perfection and that's okay.

- - - Updated - - -

I don’t doubt he’s a good shooter but so is Jerry miculek and he’s not a young prick

Fair point. You and I both know the greatest thing about living in this country is that we don't have to listen to Caleb or Paul. Two dudes are not the end all be all of firearms knowledge.

Top Bottom