In God We Trust Rally

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 225todd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 6, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    I hope everyone is enjoying and having a safe 4th of July. One of the events that I took my family to today was the In God We Trust rally. For those that don't know the Department of Justice had just told Bossier Parish that they were going to withhold funding for the Young Marines program if they didn't remove the use of God in the oath and remove voluntary prayer from the program. Bosssier Parish Sheriff Julian Whittington promptly told the DOJ to keep their money and that the program would still go on. The DOJ is withholding I believe $30,000 from the program but Sheriff Whittington chose not to fold. Here's one of the articles about it. http://arklatexhomepage.com/fulltext?nxd_id=335112 I am very proud of our Sheriff and really wish that more prominent figures had the balls to stand up for what's right in the "Politically Correct" sweep that is pussifying our nation. I am proud to support Sheriff Whittington and judging from the turnout many others were too. Some of the keynote speakers today were Congressman John Flemming, Governor Bobby Jindal, Representative Thompson and I heard that there was going to be a surprise visit from Lee Greenwood since he was in town for a concert and preforming for the fireworks festival. My young ones got too antsy so I wasn't able to stay for all of the speakers, but I wish that I could've seen them. If anyone else was there please let me know how it turned out. I just thought I would share some semi-positive news coming from our local political leaders now-a-days. http://www.shreveporttimes.com/article/20130703/NEWS03/130703026/-God-We-Trust-rally-set-Fourth-July

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Cudos to Sheriff Whittington. Seems this is the direction everything out of DC is going. All in the name of inclusion and "not wanting to offend anyone". Well I feel left out and am offended.

N4sir

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    A big kudo goes out to the sheriff!!
    What I can't understand is that so many people get all up in arms when they hear something like this and so many are against the removal of the word "God" and prayer. If so many are against it why does it continue to happen? Some how numbers(and I don't know what they are)add up.

N4sir

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    Anyone here in a Knights of Columbus Council? I bet if this was brought up at a meeting they would back him and send funds.

Top Bottom