In the irony of all ironies...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gocoastal

I'm a girl.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2009
    NOLA
    I pulled a muscle in my back while trying to do the Plyo video of Insanity today.
    It hurts. A lot. Despite the NSAIDs and the ice.

I have half a mind to take two Lortabs with a glass of wine except I have an irrational fear of rhabomyolysis.

WAHHH.

that is all.

pmac81

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Gonzales
    I just got P90X, and after doing it now for about 2 weeks, though it helps, I now have an extreme amount of respect for the program, can only imagine what Insanity has with it, though I plan on doing it after I'm done with P90

Don't Panic
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Olla, La
    Same here. I have been afraid to pull "Insanity" off the shelf since we got it.

We have a guy on our rig that I watched (over 7 months) loose 90lbs with P90X (from 260#ish to about 170#ish @ 5'5).

blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    Im about 2 start p90x, should get it in about 2 weeks! I have heard nothing but good stuff about it. I deff am in need to loose some lbs... I want to get back down to football shape. :p

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    I did a round of P90X and lost about 45 pounds. I plan to do another round here pretty soon to get me where I want to be. Im just trying to get back in the mindset to do it. I know what it takes to do and and do it right and so I have to get myself mentally ready.

gocoastal

I'm a girl.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2009
    NOLA
    So for the back pain I tried those sticky heat pads that Tylenol sells, or the Thermacare ones. Helped a lot and didn't need to take a whole lot of ibuprofen.

onelochevy

XD 45
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Slidell
    About to start P90x again. I had it earlier in the year and got lazy and quit doing it. So I sold it. But lately I've been wanting to give it another shot so I bought the program again yesterday and am eagerly awaiting it's arrival. My wife has been working out for the last few months and is looking amazing, now it's my turn to get up off my ass and do something.

pyreaux

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 5, 2009
    BRLA
    I'd definitely recommend getting it checked out and making sure you rehab it properly. The back is a nasty and tricky thing. I once strained a muscle waited til i thought it was better, and proceded to injure further a few weeks later, leading to back spasms.

Also, I second the crossfit.... similar concept, but with trainers to show you the proper technique, watch your progress and scale the workouts to your physical capabilities. Some crossfit trainers are also fairly adept and helping people recover from injuries even small ones. The most important issue though is the technique, bad technique is the main cause of P90x injuries i've heard about. There are several crossfit facilities in and around NOLA.

Top Bottom