Inexpensive Clay O/U or Semi-Auto

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    Denham Springs, LA
    I'm looking for a gun for shooting sporting clays and skeet on a budget. I'm not interested in competition, just fun, so I'd like to keep the budget light (under $500). Most recently I've been looking at Stoeger Waterfowler O/U's and used Remington 1100's. Can anybody give me advice on these or point me in a better direction? Thanks!

audioshooter

On Target. Send It.
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    General consensus on the low end o/u are they don't last. Find you a good used semi gun. I saw a beretta outlander for 475 the other day. I'll see if I can fund it again and send you his cell #

rtr_rtr

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    New Orleans
    General consensus on the low end o/u are they don't last. Find you a good used semi gun. I saw a beretta outlander for 475 the other day. I'll see if I can fund it again and send you his cell #

Concur, very much the consensus from experienced shooters. Hear good things (no personal experience) about the Beretta a300 series, would be in your price range used

audioshooter

On Target. Send It.
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    The a300 is what I shoot. I love mine. The best part about a semi is it went beat you to death. I'm waiting on a response for the a300 I saw for sale

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    Saw a couple of used 1100's in a local pawn shop. I think the vent rib one is coming home with me Monday. Should be a little under $200 tax and all. Shop around. My shotgun guru's told me to either buy a proper over and under, not to mess with the cheap ones.

Top Bottom