Instagram

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Random question for you peepz! Many of my friends have been begging (literally) to download instagram. Do any of y'all use it? I am still trying to figure out why it is better than Facebook. Thoughts?

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I use it a lot for marketing purposes, especially since Facebook has all but killed business pages that don't pay to advertise. I don't have a personal account, but only because unlike Facebook there's no way to handle multiple accounts so it's a pain to log out and back in. Otherwise I would, it's a lot of fun and less formal than FB, and no advertising BS.

tikanni

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    Metairie, LA
    I use it a lot for marketing purposes, especially since Facebook has all but killed business pages that don't pay to advertise. I don't have a personal account, but only because unlike Facebook there's no way to handle multiple accounts so it's a pain to log out and back in. Otherwise I would, it's a lot of fun and less formal than FB, and no advertising BS.

I wish you had a personal account, because I love seeing your cutie pie face.

"You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!"

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012

Yeah. I am following your account on IG now :P

I don't know how I feel about it still though. I don't really share many pictures on FB as is. So a 'photo-sharing' app doesn't have much use for me other than looking at people's pictures...which I guess is fun!

Oh, and speaking of Facebook, I am now the admin of the BayouShooter FB page, so if anyone wants stuff put up or done on it or whatever, let me know!!

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I think the common misconception is that it's a rival or replacement for FB, which it isn't. Even if you don't post any pics, it's a cool app to use. Unlike FB, by searching hastags or exploring the content IG serves up based on other things you like, you can see all types of cool stuff and get sucked into the rabbit hole going from one pic to a profile to another pic to another pic etc. So yeah, it's just fun and a nice change from only seeing content from the same group of people over and over.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    How does it compare to Pintrest?

I mainly use Facebook to share photo's(with family) and links to stories.

Although I'd rather stick to the Photo Only Side of it.
    So if that's what Instagram is, I may be making an account today!

...and do you guys use your real name? or a screen name?

Last edited:

tikanni

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    Metairie, LA
    ...and do you guys use your real name? or a screen name?

Most people I know/follow have part of there name or there whole name in the screen name. Most businesses just have there business name as there screen name.

It just really depends on your preference.

tikanni

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    Metairie, LA
    I did mine with my email. I don't really think it matters, but someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

You can link it to your Facebook if you want to. So once you post a photo to Instagram, it will share on Facebook.

You can also set your account to private to where you have to give permission to someone that wants to follow you.

When it comes down to comparing it to Facebook, you don't have stupid games/game invites/ and other crap. It's just photos.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Cool Thanks.

I just realized the APP has options that the URL Page does not. :doh:
    I was thinking, man there's not many options here, how do you search? lol

tikanni

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    Metairie, LA
    Cool Thanks.

I just realized the APP has options that the URL Page does not. :doh:
    I was thinking, man there's not many options here, how do you search? lol

Yeah it can be a little confusing at first. But once you get the hang of it, it's easy.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Yeah it can be a little confusing at first. But once you get the hang of it, it's easy.

I am now starting to agree. I think the layout of the app could be a little better, but that's probably just me! Oh and I registered with my Facebook.

--Sent From My Galaxy S4

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DRB88
    Top Bottom